Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Back Pack/Pole & Trolley. WFP

WCF

Help Support WCF:

OnlyMe

Hello all ?? After doing some number crunching. I can’t really afford to get a van / van set up straight away. Which is a shame. Unless I put myself in some debt - but again one step at a time. (Considering this as it’s a new start)

Can anyone recommend a first WFP back pack/ trolley/pole to purchase to get my first clean going. I have some traditional gear already. Would it be a good idea to ring some windows and ask if they could show me the ropes on the brush, or is that a no no.. and just you tube? Cheers all

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Gardiner Pole systems. Think it’s £90+vat or something. Holds 22L of water.

I started out using these. I bought two, in my car I carried two back packs & 6x 25L containers. To begin with you’ll struggle doing £10 worth of windows with one pack full as you’ll be slow etc. Within 6/9/12 months you’ll be able to do £12-£18 with one pack quickly. 

A yes it’s a good idea, but unfortunately not everyone is supportive or generous with time etc. Try I suppose. But once you get a pack PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE.

It’s relatively straight forward, scrub all frame & glass then sill, don’t miss any bits anywhere, and whatever you scrub rinse it properly after. Have fun

I can vouch for Gardiner equipment. 

My set up (I'm a newbie to) seen me getting 

Gardiner back pack

Slx27 pole with flock brush

DI vessel

Resin

TDS meter 

Paid about £620 from memory.

So ain't cheap but good quality and I got a free hat ?

Also got 4 x 25l containers for £22 off ebay

Last edited by a moderator:
Think I paid about £1300 for a full set up from PF...the 50 litre trolley set up with a few extras and upgraded pole...that included everything.

Within a few weeks I wanted a tank in the van so stripped the trolley down and used the pump etc with a tank in the van after about 9 months persevering with changing barrels.

Would have been cheaper as well to go for tank option to start with.

Of course now I want a bigger tank...it never stops.

Back