Back Pack

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by windowcleanersmate, Aug 27, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Hi

I work part time for a WC. He uses a WFP from a van and I do it traditionally. There are quite a few houses where we have to go over garages to get access to the back and it's a right pain to have to drag the hose over.
    What we are thinking of doing is getting a WFP and backpack for me to use on the backs while he does the fronts.
    As the backpack can only carry 16L what I would like to know is how many backs can I clean out of 1 fill? I realise that it is difficult to be accurate because of the number of windows etc but let's say your average 3 bed semi. Just a rough idea would be handy.
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Ken

Ken Guest

NO NO NO!!
    I used a backpack, I'd rather carry a hose across, I've had a bad back since, fully filled with 16 litres is not bad but up and down ladders and carrying a pole, you're better off carrying hose over.
    We clean traditionally when we climb over 90% of garages.
    You can get quite a lot cleaned though with 16litres, why not fill the tank with just 16litres or what not and see what you get done.

3. Well if I could get a few cleans out of a backpack then I could put less water in to reduce weight and make things easier. It's a question of trying to speed up the work.

4. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

If you are going over a garage, dont even think of carrying a backpack - really dangerous going up & down a ladder - I have tried it with mine, never again.

I do use a backpack to go through a handful of houses, otherwise my wife uses it on a sack truck, while I use a trolley.
    Dave

5. nearlyclean

Supplier

Better off dragging a hose over,Backpack is fine if you can gain access through someone house

6. Aqua-dapter

Aqua-dapter Active Member

In answer to the original question... I was talking to a back-pack user this week and he said, with an Aqua-dapter, he uses approx 11 litres per semi.

So for backs only he estimated 4-5 litres per house, roughly 3 backs of houses per refill of the backpack.

Hope this helps.

Paul

7. Thanks for your feedback, very useflul.
    We are now thinking maybe 2nd hosereel instead.

8. Aqua-dapter

Aqua-dapter Active Member

Hi. Yes, it all depends on the work. One of our customers has 600L+ tanks and 2 hose reels on his vans and he still takes 2 of our back packs with him for guys to use on certain jobs. But depending on the work you have/canvass you might not need them.

Paul

Advertisement