back to paper

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by daveyboy, Aug 2, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Got fed up with my laptop and excel spreadsheets with the constant logging on then altering things and all the grief ..then printing work etc

Have now gone back to my old way with my big red book which sounds primitive but works well and takes minutes to update daily

Anyone else prefer the old fashioned way??

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. MrBump

MrBump Guest

I like the old fashioned way and might have that on the go too as its failsafe, but I'm on excel as it can auto work out my earnings and I can use it to filter / group jobs easily etc, but instead of printing I just take a photo of the days work ahead with my phone lol

3. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I have a set 5 week round now so i have it in my book
    I do all of the week i am on and then go to the next one
    If i get behind due to weather i will just plod through them until i am back on track

4. MrBump

MrBump Guest

I guess with a full round your know your wages, groupings etc so excels a bit unneccessary now. Are all of your customers on a 5 weekly then?

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I use a desk diary for back up. All my work is on 'George' and on a weekend I copy that weeks work to my diary. I put a 'C' next to the ones I have to call beforehand and a 'T' next to the one I need to text and highlight the C and T so I don't miss them. I couldn't work from a diary alone as I would have to constantly flick back through the pages to see when work is due. I've just renewed 'George' and the only thing I dislike about it is being able to drag and drop work into order in diary view.

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Most are
    I have a handfull of 2 weekly but i know them off the top of my head
    Have some 2 monthly (10 weekly) so i actually have 10 individual weeks written down to cover those

7. MrBump

MrBump Guest

2 weekly, blimey they like clean windows! :D

8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I almost feel guilty doing them but that's what they asked for
    They usually have 2.5 weeks from me so every other clean coincides with the others in their area

9. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#9 boarcity, Aug 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2015
    i bleve there IS a way to drag n drop the jobs into order. i say that as my missus once tried explaining it to me but i was watching tv aat the time and didnt take heed to what she said.
    i condense each customers details into one line only e.g. 41hamlton£10 this means that i can print off the entire diary view page for the following week onto one sheet of A4 which i carry in the van

10. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

Everything I do is pen and paper
    Find it much simpler I do my round and books etc in van on drive end of each day

Advertisement