Back To Trad

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Posh, Oct 12, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Posh

Posh Hero

A mate of mine had 17 customers he did not want anymore as suffers from tennis elbow so holding his pole for lengths of time put him in pain. He does a lot more commercial cleaning (not windows) & floor & carpet cleaning. Anyway took these customers off him which included 2 pubs which I did wfp. The rest of them I did today & was amazed how over half of them were so glad that I was ladder & squeegee. My mate has been wfp for 6 years & does a good job as I've seen myself but it shows there are a lot of people out there that still prefer trad. I did think it was going the other way. Happy days.

Advertisement
  2. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Just switched to WFP and I know where your coming from... Theres still plenty people out there that want thee windows left dry. In my case all the old people lol.

Nice picking up 17 customers too!

3. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Ha, tennis elbow. I had an injection in mine this week. Not much difference ATM :-(

4. Posh

Posh Hero

The 17 customers was great especially the pubs & all nice people which was nice. Yeah he suffers pretty bad from it. Thing is he went from trad coz his knee is knackard & can't climb ladders. He's falling apart. Painful that tennis elbow.

5. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

thats y i do wfp an trad some people hate it an some love it best of boath worlds i say if thay dont dry perfecket then i trad them simple un less its 3rd story or to doggy to do on ladder i wfp as mch as i can tho

6. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

first week W F P just waiting for feed back to here what the crack is

7. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

good luck m8 just rember it takes a copple cleans 2 get spot 3 windows some come good strate away some dont rince rince rence u will b ok stick at it an dont give up highs an lows at thurst but when u get used to wfp u will no wat windows play up so makes it easer

8. fast_muchly

fast_muchly Newcomer

Im amazed at how many people do wfp if im being honest and yes dodger you surprise me as your a blidurth/rainoth oik .As round Mansfield I have picked up loads of peeps complaining about pole systems.Everyone seems to prefer a trad man here.

I haven't honestly lost one customer to go back and see a pole guy doing it where I can point to plenty the other way around I nfact I can honestly say I haven't lost one customer to any other windy as I know off.

im just amazed at how the pole guys get any work,now puts his tin hat on lol

The windows that are to high or if I cant do them by walking on a wet slippery roof I dont do them and still get the same money if customer complains I will knock a few sheckles off lol but most don't....they just understand and are happy to have a trad guy doing as many windows as they can get to.

I think most people want a guy they can trust and they turn up regular even if there more expensive which I tend to be a little more than most.But I figure if you dress smart engage with customer and seem happy even if your really NOT.......this seems the key ingredient to retaining customers.I have outed virtually two dodgy looking window cleaners on one avenue near me as people didn't like the way the looked and acted.

9. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

'To be honest' mate, whether Dodger is from Blidworth or Rainworth or where-ever.....what does it matter.......

And to call Dodger an 'OIK' is a bit derogatory don't you think, I would say he's quite much the opposite.

OIK......
    regarded as an inferior....
    lower class...
    ignorant........
    ill-educated...
    unpleasant....
    unpopular person.

Think you need to take a look at yourself 'Fast Muchly'.

10. fast_muchly

fast_muchly Newcomer

Dear oh deary me

some people don't half get up tight.

It wasn't meant like that although me and dodger have never met personally we are only a few miles apart and have messaged each other on here a few times.........we share the same birthdays and have quite a bit in common.

It was tongue in cheek style of comment just having a laugh nothing meant by it CALM DOWN !!.

And im pretty sure he would see it that way god glad your not one of my custies pmsl

Advertisement