Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Many In A Day Wfp

WCF

Help Support WCF:

danny81

hi only been going 5 weeks but picking up new customers all the time just wondering if im doing ok coz ive got a 500 lt tank but only manage to get around 13 to 15 houses out of it and takes me around 8 hours earning me around £120 to £140 in the day is this around what i should be expecting or will i speed up much more i know ive got quite a bit quicker since i started the first few days was really hard just cheaking im doing ok really dont think its bad im on £15 to £17.50 ph

Not to bad to start with, you will get quicker. Most of the guys that have been doing it for a while can get between £30-£40 an hour depending on size and cost. Best I have done in one day is £350

well good to hear it then thanks for replys guys think im going to get a bigger tank in the next two months as i will be full by then

500 ltr should be plenty on your own, should'nt it?
depends on what van you have to be honest mate as to what payloads you can carry .

when you are starting out mate just remember " quality over quantity " i like to spend a bit longer on the job to make sure its right to try and retain the customers

if they see you are spending time on the job and doing a good job they appreciate it .

I think you will speed up over the coming months and use less water. Remember you should be working on your prices just as much as you would work on your actual window cleaning.

Richard

Don't get hung up on what you are earning per hour or what other people claim/are earning per hour. Set yourself targets and just go for that... When you first set up it doesn't matter what your earning per hour because your trying to build a business that will last. Money, if your good at what you do will come later.

You sound like you're doing petty well, and let's be honest, where else could you go and be on £140 a day in 3 months.

I have a lad who works for me who always boasts about earning £200 a day when he does some other side work he's got.... So what. He only has 5 days a month where he earns that, so what use is that. You need consistant steady, regular work.

Build your business on quality and in a few years time you'll look back and think, what was I worried about!

your doing good mate

ive been runnign for 3 n a half months now /emoticons/smile.png

i used to earn 10 pound per hour /emoticons/tongue.png :p but now i average between £16.00-£24.00 per hour /emoticons/smile.png

1. thanks for all the advice thought i was doing ok sand know ive got quicker and im now priceing jobs up a bit higher so obviously going to earn more been going 3 months and got 70 regular customers so im happy at the min just working on building it up ,more

thats very good mate keep at it /emoticons/smile.png i been doing it 3 n a half month /emoticons/smile.png and am doing pretty well at the moment /emoticons/smile.png

Some really good posts from everyone and the thing to remember is that £20 - £30 per hour is brilliant!

There are very few jobs that could earn you that sort of £s.

Even £15 per hour is good!

Just out of curiosity and I know this is slight off subject do you guys pick up much work up whilst your working? As I am really struggling with getting customers in my area.

Just out of curiosity and I know this is slight off subject do you guys pick up much work up whilst your working? As I am really struggling with getting customers in my area.
I hardly pick up any at all, maybe the odd one or two.

Wilgold I usually pick up quite a few new customers while Im working!!!

Have you tried the obvious one of having a sign close to where you are working?

Similar to the one that builders, roofers etc use!!!

Is your car, van sign written?

Also when I finish a street etc I always drop a few leaflets in the houses that I dont do.

It only takes a few minutes but its worth a try.

I pick up quite a good few to be honest /emoticons/smile.png

ive picked up over 10% of my customers when im out cleaning... so its not to bad for me /emoticons/smile.png

I have a eye catching van which looks professional aswell which kind of helps /emoticons/tongue.png

dont really pick many up the odd one here and there but get about 5 to 10 new customers when i go out knocking for 4 to 5 hours

Some really good posts from everyone and the thing to remember is that £20 - £30 per hour is brilliant!

There are very few jobs that could earn you that sort of £s.

Even £15 per hour is good!
yeah £15 ph is ok but when you take off expenses must be loosing £2 or £3 pound of that to put you on £12 ish not done the maths properly but thats just a quick estimate van insurance ,diesel,water, repares, filters so on and on think really need to be earning £20 ph to come out with your £17 ph but everyones different i suppose im happy with the way things are going though

Back