Backlinks

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Paul, Mar 20, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Paul

Paul Guest

Can somebody talk me through backlinks to tour website, how do you get them and are they useful ??

Cheers Paul :D

Advertisement
  2. Paul

Paul Guest

I'm guessing you are all as clued up as me on this subject

3. James

James Guru

Paul, I have absolutely no idea, sorry

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?rvekkf

4. Iain

Iain Guru

You mean back links from an SEO point of view? Start by writing quality articles, build up a blog, create a strong social network presence, list with high PageRank business directories and get some links from relevant forums.

You need to build them up over time to make your site strong enough to compete against other websites. Also a listing on Google Places/Maps is a MUST.

You need to make sure the links you're building are not NOFOLLOW as these links don't pass any value to your site. You can get a plugin for FireFox to highlight these.

5. Paul

Paul Guest

Thanks Iain you da man cheers bud, slightly to confusing for me to do I think I'll stick to google places for now.
    Any good books you can recommend for webisite building, SEO advice I'm starting to find it very interesting I would like more knowlege on the subject.

6. Iain

Iain Guru

There's a "Dumbies" book on SEO but make sure you get the sixth edition as its more current. Great book with lots of detail

Advertisement