Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiners backpack charging up help needed.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johnny bravo

for some reason my backpack just stopped today, charged up last night , green light comes on, fully charged up i thought, untill today.

got back home and put charger in, went green , left in to see if charger will get warm as it normally does for an hour. still cold.

i plugged charger in again ant backpack going great, lots of power. green lights on backpack itself showing all charged.

unpluged and dead again.

charger or battery. ? been looking around for another charger but all different adapters.

anyone had a similar scenario.

Might be worth checking the leads to the battery as they sometimes come off so I've heard. Also check the battery at the same time as might be fooked. Those flow swtiches also go bad too so it could be a number of things not just a faulty charger.

If its new its recommended that you charge a further 3 hours for the 1st 2 charges to prolong battery life after this you can charge normally hope this works .

Hope I don't have these problems mine been working a treat touch wood.its only 3 weeks old,instructions say charge for a further 3 hours for 1st 2 charges then charge as normal hope this helps for you if not technical department at Gardiner.

its 114 months old, operated this morning, open battery surgery, the positive artery had snapped off its terminal, went to lidl and bought a soldering iron, ive always wanted one. scraped old soldering off terminal, placed wire into terminal hole and soldered it on. opperation was a success. full health check. it has now passed.

/emoticons/smile.png

its 114 months old, operated this morning, open battery surgery, the positive artery had snapped off its terminal, went to lidl and bought a soldering iron, ive always wanted one. scraped old soldering off terminal, placed wire into terminal hole and soldered it on. opperation was a success. full health check. it has now passed./emoticons/smile.png
Gardiner make some quality gear. 9.5 year old backpack, and it's still going strong

Told you so springs to mind /emoticons/tongue.png

its 114 months old, operated this morning, open battery surgery, the positive artery had snapped off its terminal, went to lidl and bought a soldering iron, ive always wanted one. scraped old soldering off terminal, placed wire into terminal hole and soldered it on. opperation was a success. full health check. it has now passed./emoticons/smile.png

charging up now with red light on, should be going green soon.

got soldering iron from lidl, tried to solder wire onto terminal lead, but it wouldnt stick onto terminal.

looked at other terminal and seen wire fitting through a small hole in terminal, so heated iron onto full, melted off old flux, seen the hole, fitted wire through hole and soldered terminal. all ok.

i just thought the hot soldered flux would stick to any metals. i dont know why it didnt. any ideas why

Back