Backpack Help?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by masonc536, Mar 9, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. masonc536

masonc536 Member

What's the best way of managing the hose when using a backpack?

Advertisement
  2. OoO

OoO Guest

3. JDMW

JDMW Guru

yeh i wrap it round a trolly its easier then the hose doesnt get all tangled up

4. johnny bravo

wcw backpack, tierack the tap onto handle, always at the top of bp easy to turn on / off/
    if using a trolley depends which one, tie rack the bp tubing onto frame so the bp tap always ends up at the top handle, to acess . tie cheap enough to cut off if needed,racks £1 from the £ shop., i usually carry via handle now, less ******* about on trolley with bungee straps from £ shop. if i have a lot togeather throw onto trolley with a bungee strap.

5. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

I just loop it round my hand loosley and then drape it over the top of me backpack .

6. johnny bravo

i put in back of car , taupaline on seat or shower curtain, pain on a trolley, scratch car when lifting in and out, so easier to carry it by handle WCW one.

7. JDMW

JDMW Guru

they sell seat covers in sainsburys for 2.99 :D i got my seat covers from argos tho 19.99 but there water proof and they protect the seats, so when you go to sell you have nice clean seats. also i do sometimes strap water barrels in the back seats.

8. simon

simon Guru

i use john guest quick release fittings on hose & a gariners push fit flow valve on my backpack & carry 2 different lengths of pole hose in the van, so if i'm on a big job i put a long length on & a short length for estates etc, this is great for when its colder & the hose starts to tangle, but i still use gardiners soft hose which they dont sell any more & it dosen't tangle much anyway. i dont wear it as a backpack any more ( just carry it by the handle ) so even my short house is long enough to do 2 fronts with bpack placed properly - thats on 2nd floor houses -

9. JDMW

JDMW Guru

my back pack full up can clean two houses. its all about saving water. i always wet the glass turn off water then scrub everythibg then rinse off. i changed the pipe on the brush to smaller diameter so i save water. doesnt slow me down much. normal house i can use 8-11litres. its tge homes with french doors tht i hate

10. OoO

OoO Guest

I used to work like that, now i fill backpack and have a fast flow. Deffo using more water, but smashing out the work.

Advertisement