Backpack N Hose?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by JDMW, Mar 14, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. JDMW

JDMW Guru

in a few weeks i plan on getting rid of my car and buying a van, thing is i have my backpack and ill be using that while i save some cash up to get a tank for the van. my question is. Would a backpack in the van be powerfull enough to flow through 100M of hose on a reel just like a tank would?? i know these pumps are only 40psi and was just curious if it had the power to push all that way. would save pratting about with a trolly etc.

Advertisement
  2. mark m

mark m Hero

it would but I don't think the pump would last very long

3. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

Not really, that's why they are only in back packs, put to much strain on the small pumps and more likely burn it out or do damage to it, would say 30m is the most one would cope with really.

Don't forget its not 100m, it's plus the length of hose to the hose reel and then the length of the pole hose too, and then the height of the pole at the end of all the hose,

4. JDMW

JDMW Guru

hmmm that blew that idea out the water lol guess its get my 100psi pump out the shed and dust it off and use that from barrels then yeh

5. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

Thats ur best bet at least you can get that set up in the van

6. JDMW

JDMW Guru

ive seen a design on youtube how i want my tank etc and pump laid out. i know what van im getting aswell now after researching vans haha

7. OoO

OoO Guest

Won't work. Pump will cry and die.

8. harunh

harunh Legend

40si? Wat pump is this? Most backpack pumps are 80psi which could do the job

9. simon

simon Guru

why leave your back pack in the van ???? carry to each job & it should work up to 60ft all day , john hewitt & gardiner ones will anyway. thats how i work. 350 tank in the van & my backpack

10. JDMW

JDMW Guru

shurflow pump and h there 40psi i know this coz i took it apart and put a new pump in it. sold the other pump to kev250

Advertisement