Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Beoming A Window Cleaner

WCF

Help Support WCF:

P

pownallca

I am thinking of starting a window cleaning business in my local area, i would welcome any advice on the following topics -

• Realistic income that can be earned
  • How to get new customers
  • Tips for cleaning windows

I have been in sales all my life and am used to trying to attract new business but would like to hear from you guy's who are the experts.

You can earn as much or as little as you want, just keep plodding away and dont get discouraged by the knock backs you will surely get.

Just keep m practicing your technique, it will get better and faster. Go out with another windy for a day or two.

Good Luck

* between £15-£25 an hour is realistic

*knock on doors, its the ONLY way

* take your time on first cleans, makes it a million times easier next clean and first impressions count

With regard to getting new customers. I have never had any success with leafletting, although a card in a local shop is a good idea. Door to door canvasing is best, people like to see who they are dealing with. I found the best way was to sought out an area you wish to work, then go round knocking on doors and saying that you have been asked to clean some windows down the street, and that you have told them that if you can get enough customers then you will clean the said windows. They wiil seem a bit more interested if someone else is having you. so if you get some yesses, and you want to do them, then carry on. But, if you don't get enough, then you can just pop back and tell these customers that you didn't get enough. this way you will look quite good, and if later you happen to get some work in that area (which can happen), you can always go back and see these people again. This has happened to me once or twice. Good Luck.

Back