Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Unger fibreglass pole repair

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Podrikk007

The pole is worn at the ends just under the clamps. Where the next clamp clamps when closed, can I cut the ends off to sort this problem? How do I get the clamps off? I know the way to fix properley it is to get an slx, but that will have to wait a bit, lol

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?gercwp

Not sure about the exact design of the unger pole clamps/fixings, but my brodex ones are just glued on. If the brodex ones are the same then you should manage to remove the clamps by using a bit of wood and a hammer. Put the bit of wood against the edge of the clamp, hit it (gently to start with), work your way round the clamp till it is completely loose then pull it off. Cutting the pole section should be easy enough, but try to get as neat a cut as you can. If you leave rough edges, smooth them down as best you can then cover the exposed edge with superglue or something similar. This will prevent loose fibreglass strands from becoming frayed and starting the process over again. When re-gluing the clamp in place, score the outer surface of the pole, and the inner surface of the clamp, to give the glue better purchase.

Back