Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Will my pole reach?

Brandon

Been asked to quote for this block of apartments, haven't got a price yet but I'm not sure if my pole will reach. I've got an SLX 25 that quotes a working reach of 30ft and I'm just short of 6ft tall.... if anyone can tell by the pics below it would really help!

P.s. I would go and try my pole but the building is 3 and a half hours away. It's for family.

Btw second pic is from first floor.

c8b429e13dce499bb097f40faab12c50.jpg

2fd732737a1a2fa9c63c2b97381b6374.jpg

edea9c6f82a4a8c83437a982da331c3b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's on google street view but still can't properly tell....if anyone wants the address to have a look PM me.

I'd invest in a couple of extensions just in case, sure you'll need them at another time
I've thought about that but don't really wanna part with £90 right now for this one job [emoji848]

If the traffic was quiet couldn't I park the van out the front, hop on the roof and clean that top window?

I've thought about that but don't really wanna part with £90 right now for this one job [emoji848]

My 27 ft pole wouldn't reach that, I've tried to reach a 4 storey job and couldn't, that didn't even have any balcony.

My 27 ft pole wouldn't reach that, I've tried to reach a 4 storey job and couldn't, that didn't even have any balcony.
Well the thing is my house is 4 storey and my SLX 25 reaches no problem so I'm pretty stumped about this one!

If the traffic was quiet couldn't I park the van out the front, hop on the roof and clean that top window?

your have a laff right ????? I customer as a real nice house your going to rock up and stand on the roof of your van ????? wont that look good , are you going to wear a hat like john wayne as well ? if you haven't got the gear to do it the just don't bother it looks better for your company this way

your have a laff right ????? I customer as a real nice house your going to rock up and stand on the roof of your van ????? wont that look good , are you going to wear a hat like john wayne as well ? if you haven't got the gear to do it the just don't bother it looks better for your company this way
The customer is my uncle mate! Besides, what's so bad about standing on a roof of a van for 2 minutes that would make my company look bad?

I think you misunderstood tuffers @Brandon if you stand in the road you are further away meaning you need an even longer pole [emoji106]
Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
No, what I meant by standing in the road is that the lower windows are just above the extended roof and he would have to tackle those windows at a shallow angle meaning he would have to attack the glass standing further back and the brush at hardly any angle. I think he might have to stand in the road to reach the windows above too.

I'd say a 35' pole for that job from what I can see in the pics. Can't remember if the juliettes are on the top floor, if they are they would be a proper ballache if doing them WFP.

And standing on the roof of your van:eek:

I've spent every 38 summers of my life there with a few Spanish trips thrown in. I've eaten chips on that harbour...had fun with girls on that beach [emoji6] and spent a million quid in the amusements (which is now closed) at the top of the hill where the photo is taken...I love it....I'm not even Welsh! [emoji4]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

And about your hat comment, I'll leave the 'John Wayne' hat at home and wear my safety helmet instead thanks [emoji1360]

The customer is my uncle mate! Besides, what's so bad about standing on a roof of a van for 2 minutes that would make my company look bad?

for years and years lads have been spending good money to get away from this image of cowboys ness , or doing it for beer money and you think its ok to do this and wont look wrong ? it doesn't mater whos house it is it was it looks like to everybody else that passes and sees your van , are you that skint your willing to ruin your image over a small piddly little job like this ?

Back