Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Worth getting a decent rain coat?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

gor-tex has served me well, I live in South Wales on the foot of the Brecon Beacons it rains and rains here, it’s my prefered protection. I go for the older hevyer Gortex as it’s stronger. Ex army have better suited gear for our line of work than the shop sold stuff in my opinion loads of it on eBay. The newer stuff is so light I don’t think it could take the day to day hammering it could be put through but if you like that sort of stuff  TKmax have end of line for half the price.

gor-tex has served me well, I live in South Wales on the foot of the Brecon Beacons it rains and rains here, it’s my prefered protection. I go for the older hevyer Gortex as it’s stronger. Ex army have better suited gear for our line of work than the shop sold stuff in my opinion loads of it on eBay. The newer stuff is so light I don’t think it could take the day to day hammering it could be put through but if you like that sort of stuff  TKmax have end of line for half the price.
Best bet for that near you is the camp shop on the entrance to sennybridge camp, or it used to be, not been up there for a while

Best bet for that near you is the camp shop on the entrance to sennybridge camp, or it used to be, not been up there for a while
Not been to that shop, I’ll keep an eye out when next in the area, there used to be a good one in the industrial est in Brecon but that relocated. 

Ex army gortex hey.  Will Google it

I have the old style ex-army goretex jacket for walking the dog always stayed bone dry even when its being absolutely  hammering it down, I bought it off ebay for less than £20 a few year ago and i wouldn't be without it.

Best ones are the hi vis on amazon, 20 quid nice padded interior waterproof

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I have the old style ex-army goretex jacket for walking the dog always stayed bone dry even when its being absolutely  hammering it down, I bought it off ebay for less than £20 a few year ago and i wouldn't be without it.

Like this

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Royal-Navy-Wet-Weather-Jacket-Gortex-nato-size-180-110-L-XL-Pre-owned/282768903088?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20171010182013%26meid%3De6a7840509c84a6e9d4ee6413c3c1658%26pid%3D100890%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D8%26sd%3D112735260043&_trksid=p2056116.c100890.m2460

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back