Backpack wfp

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Posh, Jan 14, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Posh

Posh Hero

Anyone use or used a backpack and if you have are they worth it. Do traditional but think a backpack in the back of the van would be handy. Also anyone got one to sell.

Advertisement
  2. you'll only get 3-4 3 bed houses cleaned with a back pack before having to refill, if u have a van your better off with a trolley system usually around £400-£700 or you can build a decent diy van system for around £1200-£1500

col

3. Posh

Posh Hero

Thanks for that. im just going to use it as a spare. Mainly for doing them windows you cannot get to like above a conny or leaded. It will hardly be used but there if i want it. Do not want to change from trad.

4. cool, i've seen them on ebay for £120

5. Posh

Posh Hero

Thanks. I'll have a look.

6. Masons

Masons Guru

Be careful, they are quite easy to carry when you can walk with them or stand, but using a pole while wearing one can be tricky at angles and can give you a bad back, as it helped me get mine. Pulling a muscle in your back at the very least is not worth it.

7. donrov

donrov Guest

Way too heavy for me to put on my polystyrene back so I fasten it to a sack trolley from B&Q.It cost £25.I have the backpack from Window Cleaning Warehouse.It works a treat.I can get round most jobs as its smaller and less bulky than the usual trolley systems.

8. A back pack is a vital component to our wfp work. You'll be surprised how much you can get done w/ a back pack.

9. I had a Shurflo backpack, i imported from the states (as it was cheaper) A fab bit of kit. But as said above, if you get 2 houses out of it before you have to refill you are doing well.

Plus wearing and working is not a good idea as it kills your back muscles.

How are you going to get pure water? Make your own or buy it? I sell a system, that might be perfect for what you need. Purifies custs water from the tap, designed for occasional use. Drop me an email and ill show you some pics and explain how it works.

Jeremy

10. A.K WINDOWS

ive been intrested in a trolley system but always wondered about getting pure water?

some lads i spoke to who was on the pole said they just but sodium bi carb tabs in there water??

sorry for hi jack lol

Advertisement