Backpack With 100M Hose

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Joe, Sep 22, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Joe

Joe Active Member

As im looking towards upgrading things on a monthly basis, i have been looking at ways to improve my way of working.

Rather than lugging back pack on trolley around with me, has anyone used a backpack combined with 100m hose? Im thinking if i know i wont be using more than 20L of water, if i fill backpack ready for the job, i could just walk the hose out.

Has anyone done anything similar?

Advertisement
  2. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Defeats the purpose of a backpack though. Remember with a hose it will get caught on stuff, then you have to reel it all back in.

3. Joe

Joe Active Member

Yes but I can still use it as a backpack as and when. Just picking up quite a few jobs where it would be quicker/ easier to unreel/ reel in hose than lift trolley and push it around. Either way i still have to go back to van for water when its empty and this saves lugging water containers to & fro. Im thinking get hose and then when more funds 400 ltr tank and pump etc. just an idea at mo, interested to hear other peoples opinions so thanks mate.

4. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Ahh you said you would use less than 20lts of water in the topic. If your using more I would go with the hose, not because its quicker but its a pain in the as.s carrying 20/25litres of water around a house lol.

Thats why I switched, well that and never had enough water for the jobs I was doing

5. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

backpack pump are not designed to pump the water throught that much hose. you will put to much strain on it and will end up burning it out.

6. harunh

harunh Legend

cant beat a van mount :p ;)

7. Joe

Joe Active Member

Good point, I understand you need a 100psi ideally? This is 80 psi, will it make that much difference?

8. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

you can use 80 psi pumps, but the backpack pumps is only a small one and its only designed to pump a small distance.

most guys use 100psi shurflo ones.

9. daley

daley Banned

back pack pump will run 100m 6mm no probs

10. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

it will put to much strain on the pump and cause the pump to break. so its not any good for it

Advertisement