Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice On My Van Accident...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

windyman

Right, I've had a nightmare of a week!!!

Yesterday afternoon a guy went into back of my van while I was stopped at a roundabout. I was pretty shook up & banged my head but ok. The rear doors and bumper are badly damaged and looks like the spare wheel (under the van) has been pushed up into the van too.

So came home to rest and get insurance sorted etc & was really upset about that.

Went to the doctors this morning & when I got in the van an old bloke reversed into the side of my van!!! Can you believe that?!?! Man.

So had to come home again, file ANOTHER claim and spent all day on phone sorting this out.

Sorry to moan! I do have a question...

I think they might write-off the van for financial reasons. If they do, I'm told I can buy it back- anyone ever done this?

Let's say they gave me £2000 for the van, any idea how much they'd want roughly to buy it back? Is it normally cheap?

And if it is written off, do I have to do anything to get it road worthy or legal? Even if it's just a financial write off?

Thanks in advance! Hope you're week has been better than mine!

we did this with an estate car that we had, the said the car was worth £1000, so thats what it cost us to buy it back, so we got the money and then gave it back to them. worst thing we had ever done!!!

personal i would start looking for a van to get rough ideas and then see what they offer you.

if they right it of it would have to be repaired fully to buy it back to make sure it was road legal. but this was 5-6 years ago, might of changed a bit now. speak to a garage to see what advise they could give if you know a good one!!

hope you get it sorted out ok!

20 years ago I financed a astra estate at the time I payed £5.500 I had it stolen 3 days after buying it

2 weeks passed and the police found it and it had different plates on it , my insurance had already paid out so I was told it now belonged to the finance company so I contacted them and was told it would be auctioned off , so I went and won it back for £1.700 /emoticons/smile.png them thieving buggers saved me a mint lol

Good luck with what ever you choose to do.

One plus side for you is that you can 100% point blame so your claim for the Van and injuries will go quite quick.

Unlike mine that is lol

Hope it all works out for you

Just wondering why you chaps are now replying to a thread that was posted in aug 2012?:rolleyes:

Back