Bad Day

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by M.K Cleaners.co.uk, Jul 2, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Well to start it off I get a phone call from T in The Park organisers (music festival) As we have had some bad rain al there flooring outside is covered in mud. They wanted me to go up and pressure was it all ( 200 m2 ) The only problem is I would need my own water supply. Which I didnt have. I had to turn the job down!!!!!!!

to top if off I got a phone call about 10mins ago asking if I was interested in Cleaning a commercial building. She asked if I had all the correct paper work. I asked what did they need to see. I had the licence and insurance but didnt have the risk assessment paperwork. So I had to turn that down too.

I was happy about the music festival contacting me though. I must be doing something right if they are enquiring about my services?

Advertisement
  2. mark m

mark m Hero

Very true you must be getting your name about and advertising in the right places ,Unlucky on the above jobs

3. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Unlucky Marc, bit of a bummer that but like ya say mate the words spreading.

4. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Unlucky pal. My work phone speaker is broke and missed a call on Friday which I rang back and it was a health clinic and was asked to call back today. So when I called today they told me it was for gutter cleaning but they already got someone!!!

5. Sharpy

Sharpy Member

One of my first commercial jobs, since starting canvassing only last week. Picked up £25 two weekly job.

Text me this morning "We'll leave tomorrow pal, got a lad from the warehouse to clean them for free" - gutted :(

6. Catherine

Catherine Guest

Sharpy, is it a safe building for their employee to clean?

MK I would have just said yes I do have the paperwork, and then worried about it later, (Im out working at the moment, but will have it over to you in the next day or so) I would have been able to get hold of something for you, or someone on here?

7. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Good point, RC or someone would have helped ya out mate.

8. Catherine

Catherine Guest

Belfast, this was what I was kinda talking about before with regards to a call answering service and how people feel about leaving messages etc, or just move on to the next on the list........... I know the lads I work for are out working, so I leave a message, because I know their busy, but potential new business, do they leave a message or just move onto where they have contact immediately?

9. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

Mk should of asked could of sent you risk assement stuff or even if i could see all the building and layout on google maps sorted it out for you and emailed you!!!

10. Catherine

Catherine Guest

Is it too late MK? Can it be salvaged? I can ring back for you, if you wanted and say that we were just having new paperwork adjusted?

Advertisement