Bad drips...

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by windyman, Jan 31, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

I have one window on a house that I've recently swapped over to wfp. I've done it twice WFP now & when it dries, there are 2 or 3 big dirty drip lines from top to bottom (like you can sometimes get with trad)- what can I do about it? I assume it's the black rubber at top of window, but it looks terrible!

Advertisement
  2. clean and rinse then clean and rinse then clean and rinse.............. evetually the dirty drips will stop

3. mr shine

mr shine Guru

i have a similar problem and i just dry it of with the squeege and theni use an unger pole with a microfibre to detail

4. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

Ok ta. I have tried rinsing a lot, but hasn't helped.

As for squeeging it, will take too much time for one window, going back to van for trad stuff etc. Woman hasn't said anything to me yet, but I can see it when I collect in the dark!

5. Masons

Masons Guru

Yes clean all the top frame, then wipe dry with a SCRIM and clean just the window with wfp.
    the scrim will dry everything better.
    Done.

6. James

James Guru

As long as you clean the top frame well enough (and repeat the process every time) it will eventually go. The only streaks you should be getting are from dirty water still being left on the window.

James.

7. My nan's house does this. It because her rubber seals are shot and old. They channel all the dirty water back to the middle of the window and dry really badly. Fortunately its a downstairs window....squeegee time :p

Advertisement