Bad news for a friend

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Joshua D, Mar 29, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Joshua D

Joshua D Active Member

I was out today repairing a neighbors guttering when my friend rang me, his dad is also a window cleaner and if you think I do stupid things this guy would be medically crazy. He tries to give me words of wisdom tells me to do things and I think NO WAY would I even consider it!!!
    So my friend told me that his dad was hanging over to clean some gutters, his ladder was on the guttering and as he was leaning over the ladder slipped to the side and he landed on the neighbors shed :(. Lucky he didn't brake any thing.
    I was thinking to myself how great full I am to of come on here and now use my standoff all of the time now rather then when I could be bothered when doing that kind of work and how much Im not looking forward to going to see his dad I'm sure his words of wisdom have changed a lot.
    Got to say he was lucky this time.

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

Follow the rules and you are 95% likely to go home unhurt.

Don't follow the rules and you are 40% likely to hurt yourself.

99% of statistics are made up. :D

Hope hes ok mate. Its a learning point for all of us. Everyone here has overreached atsome point, or used 2 points of contact instead of 3. This just brings it home.

3. boarcity

boarcity Guest

he will likely have learned his lesson now

4. cheapncheerful

that be very scary...i dont use a stand off at present so i am very careful but the temptation to reach that extra inch...i did follow papa smurfs advice the other day and bid on one on ebay but missed it by not being online at the end and so i will keep looking...

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I've just started a gutter clearing blog that some may find over the next few weeks helpful and hopefully will end up being a useful one stop resource for gutter clearing related information. Would also like members input too so don’t be shy to use the “discuss resources” button to add your comments, questions and experiences.

http://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/resources/domestic-gutter-clearing-part-1.35/

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Thanks for sharing Josh...

Theses words spring to mind "You Plonker Rodney! at least the shed helped break your fall" :D

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Oops! still awaiting approval from Gav so the link of the gutter clearing blog above hopefully should be live soon.

8. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

Sounds like he was a very lucky man.

9. TolishAPurd

Sounds good smurf. If you can hide my phrase 'gutter bukkake' somewhere in your blog, you'll be my hero. :thumbsup::D

10. cheapncheerful

yep....You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action....oops sorry...will try again later...:)

Advertisement