Bad Payers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Belfastcleaning, Feb 23, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

What to do with them? Was collecting last night and a few people peed me right off...

Can I owe you £2 mate?
    I forgot about you calling?
    Not answering door but closed their blinds? Wtf?
    Can you come back tomorrow?
    £6 in silver and coppers?

They are the customers who you will always get your money, but there is always a hassle 9/10.. I do them because im in the street anyway.. I think a slightly higher price increase, hoping they make the decision for me to not come back?

Advertisement
  2. OoO

OoO Guest

This year I feel will be the toughest for most people. We put plans in before Christmas for this year, and most of what i want todo will be done by March.

Give them a bit of slack, after all they are supporting local business :)

Failing that.

"Don't dump them, out price them"

LOL!

3. deano13

deano13 Active Member

Most of that stuff dont bother me except for the not answering when you now they are in and they know your knocking. As for the silver and coppers I just put all that in a separate pot and save it moneys money at the end of the day

4. JDMW

JDMW Guru

i never go out collecting its a waste of fuel. just invoice them. my custys have the option to post me a cheque, pay cash on the day ( of hide it somewhere ) or transfer money to my bank account. my details are on the bottom of the invoice. id say 65% pay online, 5% pay cheque and the rest is cash

5. mr shine

mr shine Guru

that hiding business use to do my head in so i dumped the few that use to do that

6. JDMW

JDMW Guru

sell them customers on mate lol but on a serious note, i had lots of customers like that. on my invoices now i have your next clean is due on or around XXX date. that way they cant say i forgot u were coming because ive told them and given them the invoice with there next clean date. only have to chase about 2% of my customers. id have double the customers i got now but i got rid of 50% of them last summer.

7. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

I have £650 outstanding at the moment, mainly because I don't collect. I am going to collect next week because its payweek.

but I always invoice and once the invoices are finished I am going to print more saying if they dont pay within 2 weeks its a £1 pound interest.

My invoices say you can send a check, or go online so if they still dont pay then its FINE time... I bet they all start paying by next month..

8. CNS-southwest

CNS-southwest Grand Master

Doubt they will lol. Better of sending a letter saying if they don't pay you will instruct a solicitor and the costs will be there responsibilities.

9. beaver0_15

beaver0_15 Active Member

If ur customers pay by cheque in post, bank transfer or PayPal then a simple polite txt or letter would probably be enough to encourage most to pay. Alot of ppl will c ur card or invoice n think oh yer window cleaner been today, put it to one side n forget all about it but if U txt saying I cleaned em 3 week ago or whatever they prob more likely to think oh bother forgot all about that best get it payed. If u send invoices threatening ppl with fines for late payment alot of ppl will start talking. U might even find it will aggravate the good payers. I know i wouldn't be impressed if i got an invoice like that. Obviously if they are clearly trying to avoid paying n messing u about then step it up a notch

10. JDMW

JDMW Guru

£650 :huh:

Advertisement