Baffled!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by window washer, Jun 1, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. I have a 500ltr flat tank with one baffle inside a ford connect van. The trouble is one baffle is just nowhere near enough and therefore I sway back and forth so much when driving that sea sickness is a hazard in my van!!!
    I have heard of the drain pipe trick but on a tank of my size it sounds like a lot of work (and new drainpipe is pretty expensive).
    Does anyone know of a quick option?
    Someonw mentioned baffle balls but I know nothing of these.
    Any help will do as I have one unstable van!!;);)

Advertisement
  2. nearlyclean

Supplier

I would think a 500l tank in a connect would push it to the limit and it might be a over loaded weight problem,if your van is over weight it will be hard to control,the tank is probably designed to go in a bigger van or truck.

3. Max payload in my connect is 920kg plus driver/ passenger.
    My tank weighs 500kg and the rest of the set up another 120kg so I am well in but obviously it is on the heavy side.
    [hr]
    Nearly,
    scrub that. I have just taken a look and my SWB payload is only 625 - ****e!!!!
    I reckon on a full tank I will e carryin just over so the only answer is to carry no more than 375 - 400ltrs of water which is fine as I never carry a full tank anyway.
    Therefore any ideas on the baffles?

4. nearlyclean

Supplier

the tank when empty weighs a bit around 30-70 kg battery 15 kg spare wheel,I wouldn't think the tank would be a problem.I would get your suspension check out if it is rolling about

5. I will do that just to be sure but it seems okay. It is not so much a roll it more like a movemement as I drive, just the swishing of the water.
    The tank only has one baffle which I thought a little stingy for a 500 ltr so I thought some additional baffles would help.
    I have heard of baffle balls but wondered whether there was a home made solution.;):exclamation:

6. nearlyclean

Supplier

Only baffle balls I heard of http://www.amazon.co.uk/Baffle-Ball/dp/B003YT05UY ;)

7. Here you go.

http://www.enduramaxx.com/sprayers-and-nozzles/In-Tank-Baffle-Balls.html

Apparently they are very good

8. nearlyclean

Supplier

how many would you need for a 500 l tank,could work out expensive.They look a bit like the plastic ball we use for PE at my infant school

9. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Lol ye they do nearly. Not heard of these before would be interested to see if they actually made any difference.

10. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Just remembered a trout farm where I used to clean.

They had Land Rover's with 2 x 1000L IBC tanks in the back of each.

The owner used a piece of wood cut to the shape of the tank - to float on the water, which apparently stopped all the problems for him. not tried it, but might be feasible.

Only drawback for us, is would have to use plastic not wood - to not contaminate, and also can't get it through the hole in the tank.

This brought me onto my latest idea.

I can't test it - as I use trolleys, but would love to know if it works.

BUBBLE WRAP

Stuff it in the hole, would lose some capacity but not much, and it would stop the water getting bruised. ;-)

Seriosly - might work, what do you think?

Advertisement