Ball **** on ibc tank installation advice

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Window Cleaning' started by Ashbrownbear, Nov 4, 2014.

  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

  1. Ashbrownbear

    Ashbrownbear Newcomer

    Jun 17, 2014
    Likes Received:
    Hi I want to install a ball **** and switch to my ibc 1000 litre tank . Any advice how's best to do this . Reason is so can have it running without worrying about overflowing. And also so when I'm away I can have it on for my mate who shares my water supply. Thanks for any help?...
  2. Chris Dall

    Chris Dall Well-Known Member

    Aug 17, 2014
    Likes Received:
    If you have mains power then a mains powered solenoid valve is the best option. If no have the ball **** as near the top of your tank as possible
  3. WWC

    WWC Well-Known Member

    Nov 4, 2012
    Likes Received:
    #3 WWC, Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
    Ball socks are simple to fit. You need a big hole in the tank or in the lid on a top fitting ball ****, and a screw on male hozelock on the outside of the ball ****, so that your garden hose will connect.

    So, apart from the ball **** that usually comes with a seal and nut, you just need a drill and hole saw then maybe a bit of PTFE thread tape for screwing on the hozelock male fitting.

    That's it really

    You can search for ballcock or float valve on ebay, there are lots. The size in the description i.e. 1/2 inch usually relates to the diameter of the hole you need to cut and BSP thread size of the hozelock fitting you need .

    They come in horizontal (most common) you need to drill a hole in the side of the tank close to the top. And vertical fitting, where you drill a hole in the top of the tank or even the tank lid / cap if you have space (this is what I have).

    They come in all plastic or the more traditional brass and plastic ball.