Balls lots of them

Discussion in 'Gutter & Fascia Cleaning' started by Smurf, Feb 14, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Now that is rather novel to see even for myself...I did ask "have you had your walls insulated recently by any chance" and the reply was " yes why do you ask" then I showed the guttercam image as you do.
    At least we know now they hopefully filled the cavity to the top. And no I did not mention having a look in the loft

GOPR0512 2.jpg

Needless to say the other side aspect of the property the downspout was blocked too but not with balls this time

GOPR0512 1.jpg

The lady had vermin in her loft so the pest control guy blocked off the bottom of the drain pipe with a mesh, So now I'm betting now the whole run of downpipe is doing to be blocked too not just the bends.

Bless em :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

#2 Smurf, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
    This is also what a gutter run looks like when it has been raining and the downspout is blocked if no one has seen this before like Jimroot

GOPR0513 1.jpg

Best you don't stand underneath it on your ladder when you go to unblock it.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Or you might get very very wet :D

4. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

How do you get most of your gutter work smurf?

do you advertise for it or just pick it up from window cleaning custies?

ta

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Through recommendations, website and regular customers. I only have a very small window cleaning round so not much works comes by that way

6. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

Great Balls of Mire

Thanks for sharing.

I gutter cammed my front gutter today, I think it might have an alignment issue as doesn't looked blocked enough with a dry but near the down spout to be a down spout block. Was too busy testing the water fed pole to vac it today. Managed to use 30L pure on four windows and a bit of a fascia scrub :-(

I'm building a down spout 180 bend to have a crack at spout entrances.

Looking at your swimming pool pic makes me glad I bought the vac, I can Hoover all that water out before dealing with it.

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I find trapped water like that is a big bonus to be honest as helps flush the guttering through once downspouts are unblocked (whoosh) :)

Then any debris left up there I can either do from ladders or use a guttervac ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

How bout the downspout unblocking? I know you've said before about check for screws in the pipe, would that be first port of call? Then the top of the spout?

Do you clear out the drain after ?

Would rather know the best obvious places to start. Glad I bought carbon wfp no poles i wouldn't like to control aluminium at these extension lengths

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

That one was cleared by just putting my gloved fingers in a wiggling them around which took seconds to clear. However if that had not worked I would have dismantled the bends. The downpipe at the bottom was above ground with a left guard over the drain so caught most of the crud.

From the time I arrived set up the ladder to clear the blockage, move the ladder once more to clear the guttering of debris (using a pro tool on a pole) and packing away took me about 30 mins to do. I did drag it out a bit as the chap made me a cuppa so we had a little chat aswell . That one was an easy £65 earnt then I was on to the next job.

I would say If you can't earn good money doing gutter clearing then you are doing something very wrong. ;)

10. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

Nice one,

I made a meal of mine, but I guess 90% of the time was either learning to use the gear or drinking coffees ;-)

I'm looking forward to some cash now, All I've bought the last two months now is gutter or window related, I even sacrificed on my favourite tea bags to fund this kit :-(

I've bought a website, joined FB, and got 250 flyers and 250 cards arriving Monday.

Advertisement