Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Proace

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hiace Nostalgia

Hi all! New to this forum (although have looked at it many times for advice...) Did 8 years trad from school and have been WFP the last 8 years in sunny SW scotland.

Introductions over, I was wandering if any of you have the new Toyota proace (or Citroen/ Pug equivalent?) 

Any Good? 

Didn't realise payload was so good! Looks good and build is supposed to be good too, but read a report that said driving position was uncomfortable.  I know it's down to personal taste , just wandered if anyone had experience with it yet? 

Toyota comes with 5 year warranty too,  which is quite impressive for a van

That's true. Had a hiace for 6 years- bought for 2.5k, did 80k miles, only had alternater go wrong, sold for 1k. BrillIant van! Why cant they sell us the Aussie version??!! 

Nice one @Reach For The Glass :1f44d:  Let us know what its like... What made you go for it?

I've got a 10 plate transit at the mo which is fine but will prob go for a custom in a couple of years (theres a new version coming next year...) unless proace/dispatch is more appealing. 

Didn't realise payload was so good! Looks good and build is supposed to be good too, but read a report that said driving position was uncomfortable.  I know it's down to personal taste , just wandered if anyone had experience with it yet? 

Toyota comes with 5 year warranty too,  which is quite impressive for a van

Whats uncomfortable for one isn't for another. If you go to a Citroen/Peugeot dealer you can ask for a test drive and see for yourself.

All the Finance Houses are Citroen's customers (or that's the way it was) so you could push for a longer term test drive which could be a couple of days. Citroen used to deliver their demonstrator van to you. I presume Peugeot do the same.

I'm not sure exactly what the deal is with Toyota but I got the impression when they first joined forces that Toyota would only go with the 2.0hdi engine whilst Citroen buyers had the choice of the 1.6 and the 2.0 hdi.

In my experience, the 2.0hdi diesel engine was the best out there, so that might say something for Toyota's choice for the Proace.

I would also not get overly excited about the 5 year warranty. You really need to read the small print terms and conditions. Warranties in the mind of the customer mean something totally different to warranties in the minds of the manufacturer. Prehaps the worst was the antiperforation warranty. If you don't get the van inspected at a manufacturers authorised bodyshop (there may not be one near you) when inspections are due to be done, then you void the warranty. At Citroen you had to pay for that inspection. I didn't know of anyone of my customers going to the trouble of getting the inspection done even although I impressed upon them to do it. So the warranty made brilliant marketing but mean very little in reality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was that aimed at me PT? It’s a 2L 1400kg. I love it. Next van will be another 
Yes mate, there are so many variations. Obviously if you're carrying decent quantities of water you need the 2l, but there are then 3 lengths, Toyota don't do the XS, I think for room the XL is required then it's similar to the LWB Vivaro. Is this what you have or did you buy the M, and if so what's the load space like.

Yes mate, there are so many variations. Obviously if you're carrying decent quantities of water you need the 2l, but there are then 3 lengths, Toyota don't do the XS, I think for room the XL is required then it's similar to the LWB Vivaro. Is this what you have or did you buy the M, and if so what's the load space like.

I got the medium. In the back is my tank up near the bulkhead, battery just behind the tank, 2x 25 litre barrels to top up if I run out, static reel behind the battery (all on the right hand side),  on the left is my trolley which never gets used but there for emergencies and behind that is my back pack and cone. Back doors have Grippa BOAB holders and bottle holders. There's plenty of room in it but I couldn't store a gutter vac in the back as it would get in the way of day to day working but I could get it in if I took my trolley out.

Back