Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Penguins N Polar Bears Wandering About Its That Cold Up Here

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Will play it by ear, i have one job that must be done by next weekend. The others can wait /emoticons/biggrin.png

Winter/Spring months are always the same and Summer/Autumn months are generally not much better bad weather wise.

I find you just have to try and work as much as you can on the fewer days of the year you can actually safely work outside. That means you have to get cold and wet too.

The joys of working outside :rolleyes:

i will try but if it looks like its gonna freeze up on paths/driveways i will either just do the upstairs wfp and trad downstairs, (most of mine are dorma's so the roof and gutters catch the water) or go trad if the paths and driveways aren't too icy.

as it stands here in burnley today its about 2 or 3 degrees its all melting nicely but last night and for the next few nights its gonna be sub zero so all the melt water/slush/snow is just gonna be hard ice in the mornings!!!

the day time air temps look like they are gonna be ok for wfp, i'm just concerned about ground temps cause i reckon it'll just freeze as it hits the ground. eitherway its gonna be a pain!!!

I'm that far behind now it's hurting me in the pocket big time
Know how you feel.. It's been **** from Xmas.. For that far behind that they were due again.. Just lost money.. All my work this week is very close to home and the snow still sitting a foot deep.. Freezing temps all this week..

i will try but if it looks like its gonna freeze up on paths/driveways i will either just do the upstairs wfp and trad downstairs, (most of mine are dorma's so the roof and gutters catch the water) or go trad if the paths and driveways aren't too icy.
as it stands here in burnley today its about 2 or 3 degrees its all melting nicely but last night and for the next few nights its gonna be sub zero so all the melt water/slush/snow is just gonna be hard ice in the mornings!!!

the day time air temps look like they are gonna be ok for wfp, i'm just concerned about ground temps cause i reckon it'll just freeze as it hits the ground. eitherway its gonna be a pain!!!
what snow is left is rock hard ice here buddy and the pure snow as left the windows in a mess too they look like they've got measles with all the spots take it easy tomorrow kier

what snow is left is rock hard ice here buddy and the pure snow as left the windows in a mess too they look like they've got measles with all the spots take it easy tomorrow kier
will do bud you too, what you doing trad or wfp?

Still working the day job unfortunately took your advise not to go knocking waiting for local round to be priced may be next year before I get it

i've been asking about for you since, still nothing about!!!! their like rocking horse ****. i did get wind of a possible right on my doorstep but i think a young lad has been tapping up the ol' guy who owns it and is after paying him off on a direct debit type affair which i thought he was mad, i would want the cash up front or bugger off. i'll try and find out some more

Have been in talks with an old guy near me still waiting for price and he's saying a years time hope this ain't the same guy considering flexi payments has he's said he wants cash on the nose the rounds compact and only 10 mins away so have been holding off as its ideal knowing I got a years grace just booked this years holiday hope i haven't cocked up here

no its not the same fella, he's in burnley the one i'm on about. reallly hope you get it bud

Phew the one I'm lookin at is nelson fancy it too cause its usually 2 degrees warmer up there than here and got mates with outside taps all over the round if I convert to wfp he's very slow coming up with his price though

Back