Barrels to tank advice required

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Mcsandlaly, Jan 31, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Mcsandlaly

Mcsandlaly Newcomer

Been going for a year using ladders, then got a Gardiner back pack and barrels but being in my fifties despite quite healthy, carrying barrels from the tap to the van is hard work. So spent a few hours looking at van systems. There are loads out there xline, pure freedom, window cleaning warehouse do them. Help what or where should I start? I have a nice Gardiner pole so its the Citroen Berlingo that I have that needs a tank.
    All advice gratefully received. Hot and cold water. Pumps. Flow etc. APPRECIATION. I am in Derbyshire.

Advertisement
  2. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

We're in Derbyshire mate

3. Mcsandlaly

Mcsandlaly Newcomer

Hi Eviestevie are you Xline? Ilkeston

4. Mcsandlaly

Mcsandlaly Newcomer

Im up near Bakewell.

5. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

When I started out I had a Renault kangoo. Had a system from pure freedom. Dumped there small filters and went twin DI (was able to because our ppm was lowish) need to check out what your vans payload is. For the weight you will be carrying. I know for my van there was one kangoo which had a smaller payload and luckly mine had the higher payload. Think I had a 350 or 400 lt tank.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

6. kahoona

kahoona Well-Known Member

I recently installed a tank in my van after several years lugging barrels through my kitchen and garage! Then running backwards and forwards all day to change the barrels when half way through a clean. I have to say it the best thing i have done to improve my working efficiency for ages.

I only use the tank as a delivery system, (I'm make my pure water at home into a home based storage tank) my delivery system is an old genie in a box (water Genie) I cannibalized from my old trolley system.

7. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

No mate I'm not xline and I wouldn't recommend them
    I am in the process of putting a new another van out and rang them about a new system.we had a discuusion about me buying there demo van and they said they would ring the following day with a price,2 week later not a single call
    So if there like that with a new sale them what are they like with after service
    There is a few members on here that think there service is ****

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Grippatank is very good for systems but they are in Bedfordshire
    Or you could go the diy route and then you would understand how everything works and be able to sort your own problems quickly rather than having to get someone to look at it

9. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

Not far from me at all

10. Danfire

Danfire Well-Known Member

I'm in a similar position. Got a long wheelbase Transit Connect. I'm quite happy to keep going with the Gardiner backpack but instead of loading and tipping out barrels it would be nice to have a bigger tank and a way of transferring into the backpack.

Advertisement