barterer strikes again

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by daveyboy, Apr 3, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

So i went to a job at new custy
    When i quoted she said how much for windows and how much to clean the upvc bit at the front
    Mostly brick with 1 upvc bit in the middle top to bottom only about 1.5 metres wide
    Told her 10 for the windows and 20 for the upvc as half hour job
    Did it and she comes out to pay
    Gives me a 20
    Where's the 10
    What 10 you said 20 for today and 10 for the windows in future
    Did i ****
    The neighbour had come out and asked me to do her windows and had said they haven't seen one round there for ages so i took it on the chin rather than create in front of the neighbours
    Do i bin her but then still have to do her neighbours or do i take it as lesson learnt??

Advertisement
  2. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

I'd have quietly stated that she was wrong and needs to pay up.

3. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I did try that but she was adamant she wouldn't have agreed to that price
    I am a grown up and can live with it rather than have a row on someone's doorstep

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

You know with these people they act all innocent but you can tell they know what they are doing

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

That is probably why they have not seen a window cleaner for a while I'm thinking...Now she thinks your going to do her windows and the plastic bit for 10 squid each time you call :D

6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

good chance she will cancel before the next clean . they know exactly what theyre doing.

lucky strike getting the neighbours.

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

If she cancels i will throw mud up her pvc when she's asleep

Next time if she wants it doing it will be 25 for the pvc and a tenner for the windows

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. boarcity

boarcity Guest

keep us posted .... plus get a foto of her to alert forum members what type to watch out for. theyre usually getting in or out of a car with bags of shopping when you are nearby, its uncanny but true

9. TolishAPurd

You can still be polite whilst standing your ground mate, but I'm sure you did whats right as you are the one that was there. Maybe do hers and her neighbours and wait until you get a few more in the area before sacking her off. Cut any corners you can too- if she wants a cheap service, she can have it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Had a barterer try and knock me down after the first time I cleaned by a fiver. I stuck to my guns and got what we had originally agreed but she wanted silly little cobwebs etc clearing from ridiculous places so that she felt she was getting her monies worth. They have a big **** off conny going up at the minute. I wonder how much they think they will get away with paying me to clean it? I feel I won't be cleaning that house much longer :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
Advertisement