Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What HaveI Done!

Gmeister

Ok so was out today after getting some customers the other day, and I had some people complaining about not liking their other windy, because apparently he only washes the window(shall I say rinse?) but he doesnt dry them, or he leaves spots on the window, he uses a wfp, but I am trad, I got a lot against me cause I managed to get houses today and and yesterday in a different area and I can't reach all the windows, btw am getting a pole for my squeegee.

I think its the old people, they don't like this new way of cleaning them and dont think its a proper clean, unlike putting soap on the window then squeegeeing it off.

Just thought, am not disrespecting people who use wfps, but could this guy be using normal water instead of pure water?

I do come across people, customers and other people i meet, also dont like this new way, but it makes me wonder, cause this pure water susposed to evaporate isnt it leaving no marks.

longer ladders?lol

on a serious note, if you cant safely get to some windows you will just have to tell the customers that you cant do that 1, they will either be happy with that or go back to wfp, sometimes its the better option, just sounds like she had a bad wfp cleaner last time

There's a lot of bad wfp guys out there that give the good ones a bad name. I was talking to one today who had just done a house & his were spotless. I also picked up a job of a old lady who had a wfp chap & he had cleaned them Saturday and they were covered in spots & runs. I quoted her £15 then she told me he was charging £20. He was ripping her off.

Ok so was out today after getting some customers the other day, and I had some people complaining about not liking their other windy, because apparently he only washes the window(shall I say rinse?) but he doesnt dry them, or he leaves spots on the window, he uses a wfp, but I am trad, I got a lot against me cause I managed to get houses today and and yesterday in a different area and I can't reach all the windows, btw am getting a pole for my squeegee.

I think its the old people, they don't like this new way of cleaning them and dont think its a proper clean, unlike putting soap on the window then squeegeeing it off.

Just thought, am not disrespecting people who use wfps, but could this guy be using normal water instead of pure water?

I do come across people, customers and other people i meet, also dont like this new way, but it makes me wonder, cause this pure water susposed to evaporate isnt it leaving no marks.
As pole will not get them as clean as being hands on but as GM said you have to be honest & tell them you can't do them.

The bad one are usually the ones who worry how much water they are using and don't rinse properly, there's some near me who do a big ***ht club the windows are shocking all of the time always White spot I don't know how they get away with it

It's like anything in life; some people like wfp, some trad. It's horses for courses. I only use wfp for outside work and 99% of the time it's fine. Occasionally you do get a window that dries spotty, there's no real explanation for it but it's obviously picked up some dirt from somewhere.

When I'm out canvassing (rare these days as I pick most work up by recommendation- i've over 500 customers) and someone says he has a window cleaner already but would like a quote the I always quote about 50% higher than my price. This is for two reasons; I don't want to take other peoples work unless they are really taking the **** and also anyone wanting me to undercut will want me to be undercut by the next window cleaner who knocks on their door so if I get their business it will only be for a short time, a bit pointless really.

theres alot of people around who dont like wfp they say that isnt cleaning window is it lol im trad but the amount of people i here moan about wfp is crazy.

i would bother with a reach pole the end finish will be **** and you cant detail it so it will look worse to be fair than if you left it.theres some windows i cant do but just say i wont charge you for that window never had a complaint yet.

i still think theres guys out there not using pure water and taking this ****.

u got to use pure water, u havd to bd legit 100% the 1z that dont are not business minded and their not getting the maximum scope out of it.

iv got two new customers this week and they expressed that they dont like wfp and were going to cancel the guy... i went and seen the job and he'd done a good job! i think some people just decide they dont like it and thats that .. However, my mother in law has a wfp lad do hers and he is just ****e. takes minutes to do the house and doesnt seem to rinse thoroughly

iv had 2 people who didnt like it 1 guy said i dont like water on them when you done lol

but 90% people love how clean the frames are as well as the glass is my main comments from it

100% pure water cleaning when done properly surpasses anything a squeegee can do. It annoys me how many cowboys there are out there giving this method a bad name. I took over from my old boss and before that he had lads working for him who were suppose to make the change from trad to wfp and they slap dashed it. Which in turn has made it a ***htmare for me to make the change. But I am slowly making progress. And every person I have changed to wfp has been more than happy. U just have to educate them and talk to them on a level so they understand. I mean , if it didn't work .1 . It wouldnt be so expensive to set up. 2. The industry wouldn't of given it the green light.

Its all down to operator error and that's all there is to it. Although some leaded windows have a powdery coating which runs down the window. But that's not cause the methods no good it's jus a poorly made window.

Quick question.

I have a brodex 50l trolley that Uses a diaphragm pump and I don't like the way the water pulses out in the window to rinse. I know it does this so that the water pressure stays constant no matter how high or low the pole is. But I would prefere a constant flow like a tap. So if anyone knows what pump I should use or whether I should add a flow controller plz let me know. I would love to have ur advice.

Sorry for essay. Lol.

i disagree totally, wfp done properly does not surpass anything you can do with a squeegee, thats just bull mate, trad window cleaning offers the best result possible, you will find most wfp users agree with this, wfp has been given the green light by the industry for health and safety reasons, not because it gives a better finish

Latest Posts

Back