Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ideal ladder height?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Bridger

Hi all! First post on the forums, looking to start up a window cleaning round early next year /emoticons/smile.png. I have seen an ideal ladder that isn't too costly and comes down to quite a small size, however, it is only 4.5m in length, do you guys reckon this is long enough for general 1 story trad cleaning.

Thanks!

Matt

hi and welcome Bridger;

i think my current is 4.2 m unopened and it for the most of its life remains unopened.....as i feel safer like that...i would start out on what you have and.....if you get a job you cant reach get off to the the shops and get something bigger or ....let the force take you ....:eek:

dont forget the odd window can often be done by trad pole....

Most people will go for a double 11, but they're not all the same size these days. A double extending ladder around 3.6 metres closed would be considered average.

Why limit yourself to just one ladder. I have a tall one for gutters, a tall one for windows, and a short one for windows. For each job I take the lightest one I can get away with. That way I am never carrying more weight then is needed which makes a massive difference by the end of the day/week.

Why limit yourself to just one ladder. I have a tall one for gutters, a tall one for windows, and a short one for windows. For each job I take the lightest one I can get away with. That way I am never carrying more weight then is needed which makes a massive difference by the end of the day/week.
Or better still, get a triple extender and use the top two (that's what I do).

The ladders i use are made by a firm called WCS, though looking on their website they seem to have stopped making ladders, shame as they are excellent quality, the ones i use extend to about 18 feet fully open, not sure what that is in meters.

Back