Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

algoclear for roofs

B

bill

Any one used algoclear for roofs how did it work any good and how did you put it on any replies appreciated thanks

Algoclear is great on roofs. Gotta clear as much of the moss as u can by hand first(tedious job!) but once done mix up the algoclear and apply to the roof tiles. Over the next year or so the roof will "self clean" every time it rains and tiles return to their original colour. All that black algae will gradually wash away and no moss will regrow for years....I've done loads using this method. Good money too /emoticons/smile.png I use an old wheelie bin to mix solution up then apply by hosepipe using a water pump (the one that I use for my pure water to transfer from holding tank to van each day) customers have been very impressed with results and often get neighbours etc enquiring too... Little tip tho. Go to mistral chemicals online and buy DDHC. Exactly the same as algoclear but a fraction of the price!! @Smurf tipped me off on that one! Hope this helps....

Algoclear is great on roofs. Gotta clear as much of the moss as u can by hand first(tedious job!) but once done mix up the algoclear and apply to the roof tiles. Over the next year or so the roof will "self clean" every time it rains and tiles return to their original colour. All that black algae will gradually wash away and no moss will regrow for years....I've done loads using this method. Good money too /emoticons/smile.png I use an old wheelie bin to mix solution up then apply by hosepipe using a water pump (the one that I use for my pure water to transfer from holding tank to van each day) customers have been very impressed with results and often get neighbours etc enquiring too... Little tip tho. Go to mistral chemicals online and buy DDHC. Exactly the same as algoclear but a fraction of the price!! @Smurf tipped me off on that one! Hope this helps....
Would I be able to use battery backpack and waterfed pole to apply to roof

On mistral website no results for ddhc thanks

On mistral website no results for ddhc thanks
DDAC not DDHC. Sorry, my mistake! I was tempted to use my backpack to apply but bit worried the chemical might damage the cheap pump that you get with a backpack?? Will prob be ok tho if you flush thru afterwards. The mistral stuff dilutes 1:40 as opposed to algoclear 1:10 so 5litres does me TWO roofs as makes 200 litres of solution.

DDAC not DDHC. Sorry, my mistake! I was tempted to use my backpack to apply but bit worried the chemical might damage the cheap pump that you get with a backpack?? Will prob be ok tho if you flush thru afterwards. The mistral stuff dilutes 1:40 as opposed to algoclear 1:10 so 5litres does me TWO roofs as makes 200 litres of solution.
Thanks very much calvin

Wots the name of a good pump to buy for roof cleaning cheers

Back