Battery for van

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Delicate-Design, Sep 15, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Delicate-Design

Delicate-Design Active Member

If I install a split charge system in the van can i use a regular car battery as it will be charge when I'm driving? if so what amp hors do you recommend?

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Some people use car batteries. I would go for a leisure battery myself. The more ah the better. I have a 110ah and bench charge it twice a week as well as a split charge off the van battery. I don't know a great deal about split chargers. I would fathom it out if I bought one, but not in a position to give 100% correct info on wiring one. My controller is fitted with the charging system. I think I read you have bought a controller? I'd defo buy the one I have again.

3. Delicate-Design

Tuffers I've not bought a controller yet what one do you have? I thought the split charge keeps the battery topped up anyway so shouldn't need to be bench charged that often

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

If you don't do much mileage then just using a split charge relay the wfp battery will eventually go flat.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Depends on how many miles you do. Might pay you to get a Ring charger. I have this one for my leisure battery http://www.ringautomotive.co.uk/uk/products/Cars/Battery+Care/Standard+Charger/RCB208, make sure it charges 'gel' batteries if you get a different make.

Also a multimeter is a good idea, to check the condition of the battery http://www.amazon.co.uk/Draper-5232...TF8&qid=1410811091&sr=1-6&keywords=multimeter

I have the controller which is the 9th product down the page, ref SFC5 http://www.cleaningspot.co.uk/acatalog/water_pumps.html

6. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

And if you get the Cleaningspot controller, there's a 10% discount code for forum members ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Delicate-Design

I didn't think of that :(

I like the sound of that controller Tuffers thanks

8. Delicate-Design

Time to do some shopping I think :)

9. andy w

andy w Well-Known Member

When my system was fitted, I was told to bench charge it once a week regardless of mileage to keep the battery in a decent condition :)

10. Delicate-Design

Awcs I'm guessing a trickle charge conditions the battery

Advertisement