Battery terminals...

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by windyman, Mar 11, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

Hi,

Fitted my van system this weekend, few odd bits to finish off but happy with it.

One question tho. I have these type of terminals going to my leisure battery:
    http://www.thetoolboxshop.com/standard-and-commercial-solderless-battery-terminals-258-c.asp

I just stripped the wire and screwed the screw down onto the bare wire- is this what ur meant to do?

Or is there a fixing I can put on the end of the wire to hold it to the terminal more securely?

Advertisement
  2. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

What you have done is what you are meant to do, but strip enough of the wire so you can fold it over and twist it a couple of times to make it thicker, then you will get a better contact. Also, i would use some copper grease smeared over where it goes on to the battery.

3. windyman

Ok mate cheers. Thought I was doing it right, but wondered if was a better way as didn't seem to strong. Should be ok I suppose. Will copper grease stop the terminal sticking to the thingy?

4. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

The copper grease will ensure a good contact while at the same time, protecting against water. That's what mechanics use, or at least they used to when i worked in garages, not sure if they still do!?.

5. windyman

Cheers for advice mate.

Advertisement