Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

IBC Tank New or Recycled What to buy??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Greener

Hi All,

Currently putting the pieces together to build my own static RO system in the garage. Im looking at using a 100ltr IBC tank to store the water in, what your guys experience in sourcing tanks?

Can get on from PF for £100 + Vat Recycled Intermediate Bulk Container (IBC) previously used for food use. Will be thoroughly jetwashed and rinsed prior to dispatch. Suitable for the static storage of pure water or other liquids.

1000 Litre IBC Tank (Recycled) - Tanks - Tanks & Cages

or can buy New from the likes of this place for £215 inc Delivery

New 1000 litre UN Approved IBC – Hybrid Plastic / Metal Pallet

Ive spoken to a chap who built his own DIY static and had lots of problems with having to rinse the tank out he purchased before the tank would hold the pure in it and keep it pure.

Cheers Greener

The pure freedom ibc probly dosen't include delivery which will be around £45 for pallet delivery so with that and the vat you may be worth buying new.

Or try eBay some one may have one near you seen them on their for around £50

Try farmers or other places that used deionised water. I got mine for nothing off a customer who worked on an airbase. The company charged them c£150 for the a full tank and wanted £90 or there abouts to take it off site. Needless to say they ended up with loads. May not get one for free but certainly very cheap

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Theres a guy in a nearby village who sells them for 45 quid

Just chuck it in a van and drive home

Look around as there is a lot of hidden ones if you look about

Ask around , if you dont mind hosing it down and get a little dirty ,then you probably Can get it for free or for a bottle of red.:hehehe: I got 2 for free at a furniture factory ( use to contain glue) no problem , hotwater flushed it right out. Now i Got 1 1000l ibc for rainwater harvesting and 1 for static RO /emoticons/biggrin.png

Where are you based? Can give you a number of a place that sells them for cash. Used once and only contained food pellets /emoticons/smile.png

Hi All,
Currently putting the pieces together to build my own static RO system in the garage. Im looking at using a 100ltr IBC tank to store the water in, what your guys experience in sourcing tanks?

Can get on from PF for £100 + Vat Recycled Intermediate Bulk Container (IBC) previously used for food use. Will be thoroughly jetwashed and rinsed prior to dispatch. Suitable for the static storage of pure water or other liquids.

1000 Litre IBC Tank (Recycled) - Tanks - Tanks & Cages

or can buy New from the likes of this place for £215 inc Delivery

New 1000 litre UN Approved IBC – Hybrid Plastic / Metal Pallet

Ive spoken to a chap who built his own DIY static and had lots of problems with having to rinse the tank out he purchased before the tank would hold the pure in it and keep it pure.

Cheers Greener
Yeah just make sure their version of thoroughly jet washed is exactly that... I bought 2 one was good the other has a thick lard type residue, I couldn't even bothered to think of a way to get it clean enough so ended up dumping it...

I bought mine from eBay. The seller had dozens for sale. I can't remember exactly what had been in it but it was something food related rather than chemicals or anything like. It was clean and ready to use straight away. Cost about £45 plus another £45 for delivery.

Mine was horrible! About £30 tho. Jet washed and bleached and scrubbed repeatedly. Bought black pallet wrap and wrapped the tan out of the cage and then put it back in - no light = no algae (ish anyway)

I'll taj

I'll take you up on that, I'm in Fareham!
By all means. I'll send him a text and check they are still available. They've only had food grade chemicals. The outsides usually need a jet wash. When he offered me I was gonna get him 'a drink' or whatever as a gesture as he's a valued customer of mine. (I think I was gonna bung him £10-20) I'll check availability now.

A place near me called SUMA containers. £40 for a used once for soft drink blue tank with plastic pallet, they are cleaned on site. Not sure how much they would charge delivery but I would think it depends how far away you are and how many you want.

If algae grows etc does it affect the tds ?

Not in our experience. However it will cause other issues like clogging up your pump filter.
I'm toying with the idea of making my own pure and getting a bigger tank for the van. Although my tds is only 47, would probably take years to I start benefiting

@Greener. If you are looking for an IBC tank then look for the ones with a bigger inlet. It saves cutting the top to drop a submersible in if that will be you method of water transfer.

Also another suggestion. Fit an overflow pipe with hose to the drain just in case. Having a flooded garage isn't great.

If your tank is in the garage then you shouldn't have an algae issue. You could always cover it with an old blanket to keep any light out of it.

Latest Posts

Back