Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Warning To Those Of U Who Use Facebook...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

harunh

Ive got a few of u lads on here on facebook... but am not saying i know it all... but the way u lads are using facebook is not business type at all...

WHY ?

U got a facebook page so people can contact u and want to use your service... so update your status.... and advertise your promotions etc....

BUT...

A lot of lads are updating their statuses saying things like : Gained 5 new customers today yes ! /emoticons/smile.png then some people will post personal life photos on their.. /emoticons/wacko.png

Lol no offence but this isnt professional at all.... that page should be used for business purposes ONLY

If u want to tell people about your new gained customers come here... dont tell your customers.... It makes it look like that u need them more then they need u... that way theyll mess u about...

If i owned a shop... and had a facebook page.... i wouldnt post a status saying... oh i sold 30 crates of carling today ! very busy /emoticons/biggrin.png

doesnt work like that lads..... u got to be professional on these facebook pages... im not professional at all /emoticons/tongue.png im a rebel ! haha but when it comes to business i do the damage /emoticons/wink.png

He's back lol. We're saying welcome to customers in a very friendly way, personally if I did 100% commercial I wouldn't do this but then I wouldn't be using facebook to find customers either.

The majority of lads you're talking about are 99% domestic and people need to trust them & actually like them cos if they don't they're gone.

Constant knocking on doors may have gained you 152 customers H but I haven't knocked a single one yet and been up to 100 and then dropped a good few in around the same time, approximately 70% directly or indirectly from facebook so seriously mate when it comes to facebook 'I do the damage' /emoticons/wink.png

And you're wrong, I'm out.

That's exactly why you have a personal page for private statuses and a business page for business use. Quite simple really!

yup, I have a person page and a seperate page. I used to say how many customers I had but realised if the tax office wants to nail you then they can simply total up your customers and come to a average tax price. so I stopped that months ago...

I use Facebook as a business page for the sole reason of free advertising and feedback if people like my service they can leave feedback on there which they do sometimes .

As for saying oh I got x amount of new customers I have to disagree H if people know you are building a good client base they are more likely to go with someone who has a reputable round than someone who has no reputation etc .

That's my opinion after all it's only window cleaning .

facebook is for goons and nosey sad fcukers that have too much time on there hands.
I don't care how goony or nosey they are as long as they pay me and they do, I hate facebook, twitter and anything like em but I'm making money from it so what the hell.

Gotta say H coming from someone that freely admits that fb doesn't work for him and has never had a job from it, your post is at the very least misguided. I don't post every single new customer I get either, only ones booked directly via fb.

I do put the odd personal thing on fb but never too much, make your customers feel like your friend H because after all we're not aiming at big business through fb we're aiming at normal people with normal houses.

Big example here mate, go look at James Perkins fb page. Take note that the thing he posts most about is what you're saying not to do and then think about how successful he got in quite a short space of time.

Good to have ya back H but you're wrong it's facebook and the page needs to be changing all the time like a blog, I thought Iain might get that as well.

Facebook pages need updating regularly but their regularity needs to be consistent. If you're planning on writing something once a week, then stick to it. Otherwise just once a month is sufficient. Maybe just post a link to your latest blog article? Something's better than nothing as long as occassionally you post something useful or interesting otherwise you'll get people hitting that dreaded "unlike" button.

Again this is why you need a business "Page" and a private "Profile". You can say whatever the hell you want on your Profile page - it's yours so do whatever you want! However, your Page is your bridge into the business world so you need to treat it in the same way as you would your website or blog.

'Page' & 'Profile is what I have, as said I'm not aiming for 'business' with fb and don't think most are. We put ads on for sale & wanted pages aiming at householders basically and post accordingly. I've seen a good few members fb pages and to be frank H's comments were pretty much over the top as usual, if I put a personal comment it's because it's something I've chatted about with custies, I'm 'interacting' with them which is what a blog and facebook is all about just everyone handles it differently.

As stated I've had plenty of work from fb, H has none, zero, zilch, nothing so maybe preach to me when you get better results than me.

People will hit the 'unlike' button if you're boring as well Iain although I get what you're saying but just hitting normal folk on fb with a link to your blog once a week/month is, well it's boring.

Now I'm out..

I know I said I'm out lol but I have had ONE person unlike my page and guess what he was a member here because I ****** him off.

lol, dont worry dodge, i like your updates, they create a very personal and 'human' approach to your business, and id still find it professional if i were a customer of yours

lol, dont worry dodge, i like your updates, they create a very personal and 'human' approach to your business, and id still find it professional if i were a customer of yours
Why didn't I just put it like that lol. And you've actually read them?

Me too!

I need to start advertising more on fb much like what dodger is doing cause he is doing something right!

Cheers lads, I'm just sticking up for everyone else.

I think he's wrong on this but still wouldn't be the same without him lol.

Back