Been Accused Of Damaging Customer Property

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by nwcs, Aug 9, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. nwcs

nwcs Forum Addict

Today started a customers house ive been doing 6 years.
    She an old bag and I only do her windows as the neighbours ask me too.
    Well today it was neil can you come have a look at this in the garden. I went into the garden and she said last time you was here who ever did my backs has smashed my security light and the censor and knocked 3 plant pots over as the soil and plants was on the patio.

I said im very sorry to here that and it was me that did your backs as I do every month but I can assure you that I didnt do any damage to your property as if I did I would of told you.

She said it must of been me as nobody else has been in my garden.

I said well I cant admit something I havent done..

I then said im really sorry this has happened but I didn't do it. But you clearly don't trust me after over 5 years coming to your property and never damaging it so I wont charge you for todays work and I suggest you find another window cleaner as im not willing to do it any more......

Anybody else have this ?

And before you ask im fully insured and in 22 years ive only knock a brick arch over and left a note explaining what I did and paid for it to be fully rebuilt. Ive always been honest.

Advertisement
  2. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

sounds like she is just having a bad day lol an took it out on u old people can b a pain

3. nwcs

nwcs Forum Addict

Well shes someone elses problem now.....

Just waiting for solicitors letter....

4. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

solicitors letters over plant pots an a light blady hell m8 thats mad hope it dont come 2 nuffin

5. ACW

ACW Member

Sounds like she's had an intruder. Has she considered that I wider?

6. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

good point m8 that could b the case if so probly kids messin around

7. OoO

OoO Guest

Sounds like someone casing the joint tbh.

And yeah was accused of breaking a small windows on a door. Yet the painter was three last painting the door. Lost the job was a £27.50 house. Doing it 10 plus years.

Annoyed me at first but tbh I hated her (50+ women trying to hold onto youth)

And he drove a jag ;)

8. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

lol 50 + lmfao ,when wonan hit the 50s they do turn weird lol

9. OoO

OoO Guest

She was rough for her age. She tried to hard lol

10. Masons

Masons Guru

First thing I thought when reading that was someones either broken in or they could be preparing to. Go by one day and vandalize the security equipment and then another night case the joint.

I've been accused of breaking windows before but that came to nothing thank goodness.

I did break someones gate once while the owners were on Holiday, so I posted a note explaining what had happened and that the clean was free and I would pay for whatever repairs or replacement was needed.
    The owner rang me up and said thanks for the note and free clean but he'd foot the bill for the gate as it wasn't in its best shape anyway. So that was nice from a loyal customer.
    To be honest though I ruined the gate I split in half like there were two gates and also split it down the middle. It was destroyed.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Advertisement