Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Totally Crashed

so sad to hear pickingpaul I now feel very lazy and will get more done:D

To be fair I did go through a lot with the anorexic daughter but not sure I could last as long as you.

just keep swimming.../emoticons/biggrin.png

so sad to hear pickingpaul I now feel very lazy and will get more done:D
To be fair I did go through a lot with the anorexic daughter but not sure I could last as long as you.

just keep swimming.../emoticons/biggrin.png
That sounds like it was hard mate.

Everyone has there moments and hardship, im not in a bad place really, i just want to do more in a day than i can do, i think that if i reach my limits today then next week that limit will have stretched and i can do more, not so sure it works like that now

know how you feel..me always expecting to do more than I do..real life gets in the way...oops sorry the custy I was supposed to do on wednesday er....er...friday okay...

no i DIDNT FORGET AT ALL.....oh I am feeling my age..../emoticons/biggrin.png

hi paul

when your wife is settled you must take some time out

its called "you time mate" even if it is only for one hour go and chill out you will feel so much better

Mate it's all about balance,you will know when you have got it about right....the fact that you have recognised it now is important....

Nothing is more important than your physical and mental wellbeing...

Thinking of you and the burn out, its a tough job, never mind a busy home life, Im aiming to try to work four days a week and try working smarter, to quicken up the day to get home earlier, maybe if I buy a liquidator, which I will, I will get home for tea on time and it wont be in the dog( i dont have a dog, but the neighbour does)

its the kind of job we do

as soon as we stop grafting the money stops

no paid holidays , so in some ways its making you graft longer and harder

if i work one really hard long day the following day i,m knackered

Ive only had one week off in well over a year, before i started full time window cleaning15 months ago i was doing a crazy locksmith job where i did a crazy amount of hours, im talking 24 shifts twice a month, 12 hour nigt shifts one week with occasional additinal day time locksmith jobs and 10 hour day shifts following week.

I would also do window cleaning on my days off and sometimes do window cleaning for an hour or two on the days when i worked a night shift if i wasnt too knackered or busy on that shift.

Now i remember having two days off in a six month patch and that was onlbecause it was a very rainy day on my day off.

I told myself if i can work so many hours locksmithing and keep going i can do it for myslf too, but window cleaning is none stop hard work especially once u reqch a certain amount of hours or as dunc said, if u have a very long day u are knackered the next day.

Locksmithing alot of the time was just driving around and the actual work mostly was quick and easy with the skills. I can break into a house faster than smurf can put up his umbrella

I've not met a poor locksmith yet and like you say is a less physical job than working on glass.

I've not met a poor locksmith yet and like you say is a less physical job than working on glass.
Except when u get to a job at 2am and the patio doors have been smashed through and its your job to clear up that glass board up the gaping hole and replace all the locks as the nasty burglar stole the keys as he was targetting their fancy motor. That was a typical night time job. Or people have lost their keys

I had the same last week. I get up at 5 work 6-1 then do windows till 5 then go pi k my gf up come home and stress about building my round. Not eating or sleeping properly. One day last week I started sweating and heart rate going mad felt like fainting. It took a few days off to feel better.

The simple answer is youre doing too much

Back