Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Traditional reach systems

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hello all I haven't been in the window cleaning business to long I just use a standard traditional kit and ladder and that's how I've kept it but I have been mentioned a few times about reach poles for traditional the big question I ask is is there any type of pole/ system I can use to clean top windows traditionally and properly to get in all corners without having to use a ladder and a scrim to wipe window corners ? As I am looking to avoid use of ladder after a recent fall but am not looking for water fed not my type or range thanks much appreciated

[media]

[/media]This is the set up i use if not using wfp

I fan with it rather than straight pulls but this would get you started

If you learn to fan with it you don't need the detailing tool that is jubilee clipped to the handle

I will try and get time to do my own vid later

Get on utube and look at Wagga's vids (Christopher Dawber )

Very good tips

It takes some getting used to but persevere and it will be fine

Get a harris pole from b&q

Angle crank from wintecs for free postage..unger stainless is my personal favourite..plastic one i am using at the mo but only for the odd job..wouldn't handle constant abuse

Wagtail from cleaning spot but will be expensive with postage too..worth the money though

I use a slimline flipper 12" as it is the best to fan with once you get used to it

Hopefully polzn bladz will get his utube vids back as he is the master of fanning with it on a pole and it's him who advised me to get that set up

Tell you what mate your a diamond to take your time to write all that detail and to help me out that much gonna look into buying one of them and practicing on my round until I perfect feel so much better knowing I won't have to use a ladder when I've perfected it I'll keep you on here and send a vid when I've got the hang of it to show how well your tips went mate if thats Alright cheers bud

No i mean put a scrim on the pole tip after to detail or find Wagga's vid where he shows how to make the detailing tool

Daveyboys helped you with all the links and such so I'm going sound like a proper arsehole when I say....don't bother, you're ******* in the wind. /emoticons/biggrin.png If you want to avoid ladders, then go WFP. Its hard work traditional poling, its slow, and the results are dubious no matter who does it. Just my opinion, but let us know how you get on if you do go for it.

Daveyboys helped you with all the links and such so I'm going sound like a proper arsehole when I say....don't bother, you're ******* in the wind. /emoticons/biggrin.png If you want to avoid ladders, then go WFP. Its hard work traditional poling, its slow, and the results are dubious no matter who does it. Just my opinion, but let us know how you get on if you do go for it.
Don't mince your words tolish let's hear it as it is ....lol....

had to laugh at this lol good old friend I hear where you are both coming from

To be honest I have worked for a company before for 6 months using water fed pole and the ease of it was a dream the complications were the complaints but this may be due to the company and there water there was constant complaints of spotting and cancellations this is what pushed me into traditional and has scared me away from paying out for all the equipment I suppose if you do it right you get right results same as daves suggestions can see this being a winner to but with a lot of perfecting suppose it makes it worth it all about trial and error I'm guessing thanks everyone for your posts more tips the better

I used to do it the trad way and now am wfp..it still has uses for example small jobs where i can't be arsed to get all the gear out and i have had no complaints using it but wfp is a dream to use

I suppose some of us are just more skilled @TolishAPurd :whistle:/emoticons/tongue.png/emoticons/biggrin.png

Seriously though it takes a lot of practice and is easy to mess up if not carefull

Wfp done properly will get you no complaints

Think I need to have a good re think then haha I need to stop being a little girl and have some faith like I said the old company didn't maintain there water to well sometimes it went over on a very hot day which isn't healthy Isit as I'm aware it should be 5 or under in heat if I'm correct but yes think if I just purchased the water from a shop which isn't to far you can't loose and jobs a gooden was wanting to try the reach trad but like you say a lot of effort and risk need to way up my options here thanks a lot

I do agree with tolish to an extent

I can get a good finish but it isn't the best way to avoid ladders

I didn't try to deter you as you said you didn't want wfp but tbh it is the easiest and best way to do it

Not saying that you wouldn't get a good result with a pole and wagtail but it would take a good bit of practice

If you have a place nearby to buy the water thats even better

I buy mine and it is always 0ppm

Never had any fluctuations

He always has a few 1000 litres waiting to be used

I don't understand how the guy in the video doesn't leave lines with straight pulls? Don't you need to dry the blade after each pull, or is it different for wagtails?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is about angling the squeegee so the end is pointing down a touch to avoid the water doesn't run off the edge

If you look real close you will notice a slight angle (one tip is slightly lower that the other)

When he starts on the left the right hand tip is down and on the 2nd pull the left is down

Ah ok. Thank you, I've seen the vid a few times but I obviously need to study it more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back