Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Traditional reach systems

It works on big glass too.. if starting on the left keep the right tip slightly down on each stroke and opposite on the last one

I read earlier you recommended the Harris pole from b&q. Is that better than the unger optiloc? Or was it just from a price point of view? Only ive just ordered the optiloc [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't understand how the guy in the video doesn't leave lines with straight pulls? Don't you need to dry the blade after each pull, or is it different for wagtails?

If you have a good look at Wagga's video a few times you'll notice there is quite a lot going on that he makes look so easy. First if you check his earlier videos on how he made this you'll note that he dog-ears his channel. scrub, top flip? Note how he wipes across the top of the glass to to 'dry' the top edge. Then single stroke down. wipes/taps any residue off blade on top of frame and then sets second stroke. On this pull he angles the inside of the blade down fractionally. If there is any water residue at all it is only near the top which he mops up with the detailing bar. He makes it look really easy. It is not, and to get it right takes a hell of a lot of practice.

Yes it takes a lot of practice

I didn't even think about all the processes going on as i am the same as you Eric as learnt a long time ago with a 0° swiveloc and progressed from there to a wag

It just happens 2nd nature i guess as i don't consciously think about all these things while i do it

I read earlier you recommended the Harris pole from b&q. Is that better than the unger optiloc? Or was it just from a price point of view? Only ive just ordered the optiloc [emoji53]

I like the harris as it is cheap at £15 quid for a pole that will reach townhouses..

This is how to do it wink when you are skilled courtesy of Eric

[media]

[/media]

Back