Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Remove pencil jets

A

abs

I've got a bayerson pole that came with a extend to wash head and I'm wanting to remove the pencil and put jets in has anyone experience at doing this as I can't figure how to get the old pencil jets out the head and I don't want to break it , so far I've tried to pull tried unscrewing the only thing left is a big hammer lol

I'm starting to think these pencil jets are molded into the brush during manufactor ? Is this possibly ?

Try placing a block of wood on the barbed end of the jets and tap is through with a hammer until it's flush with the brush stock. If it don't fall/pull out then use a pair of pliers to pull them out.

Try placing a block of wood on the barbed end of the jets and tap is through with a hammer until it's flush with the brush stock. If it don't fall/pull out then use a pair of pliers to pull them out.
I'll give that a try thanks smurf

Well after trying I believe these jets maybe part of the head itself as they won't move no matter what I do

output_zpsyugtt0g1.jpg

hmmm...so if they don't move can't you just drill 2 more holes the correct size in the stock for the other jets?

hmmm...so if they don't move can't you just drill 2 more holes the correct size in the stock for the other jets?
Be simpler just buying a new decent brush head I reckon , the bristles on this are tightly packed and I don't think a fan jet would get past them

That what I was thinking too but you could fit them anyway as a test and if need take out some of the bristles if need be but might just work fine as it is.

Drill the old jets out if they won't pull out. Are the fan jets bigger in diameter than the pencil jet hole do you think? If they are anything like the fan jets I bought, they are pretty big and you will have to drill the brush anyway. Make sure the drill bit is for metal if you decided to drill the jets out.

Back