Before and after roof power wash

Discussion in 'Pressure Washing' started by Jake, Jun 29, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Only done half today as was too hot to continue! Felt shattered, prefer cooler temps for working...

image.jpg

image.jpg

Advertisement
  2. CMRwindowcleaning

CMRwindowcleaning Active Member

Been thinking about doing this for a while but haven't the foggiest where to start...any tips safety gear? Chemicals?

3. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Looking good. Always wondered if pressure washing would push water into the roof/attic?

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

5. MrBump

MrBump Guest

That's an amazing difference, I bet your customers over the moon with it. Do you ever get any damage to the roof tiles from the pressure washer?

6. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Thanks guys, I don't do many of these, but it's good to add it to your services!

I don't use chemicals at all, I just use the turbo nozzle and work my way along the roof, as for safety, usually id use a cherry picker, but this roof isn't that steep so can easily be walked on,

These tiles don't break, the customer told me to go up on foot and do it, as he's been up there loads of times to do bits and bobs, but he's now older so doesnt like doing this sort of thing anymore...

Although i did spot some loose tiles that need replacing, customer is going to get them done once I finished,

Pressure washer wouldn't damage these tiles, there solid, just like doing a patio really...

Water won't go into the attic as long as you don't fire up into the gaps, even then, I'd say it's pretty much impossible as the overlap was huge on this particular roof! You could take a tile off and the ones under still cover the whole roof, not sure if there all like that though!

It's the mess it creates thays the horrible part as I had to sweep the driveway and path after id done it which took ages and was really annoying!!!!

Second half tomorrow...

Then gotta clean gutters as there now filthy!

7. MrBump

MrBump Guest

Sure sounds like alot of work. At least you have some great photos for the portfolio. Maybe take one half way through tomorrow incase you have an advert that needs a single photo. Hope it pays well. Sure makes a change from cleaning windows though eh ;)

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Nice pics :thumbsup:

9. cheapncheerful

lovely job jake...be careful on that other side...looks steeper...

yeh twas too hot at times today...

watch out windies for wednesday..

im alright...on my bungalows so can dodge about...:D

10. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Thanks and yeah I'll be careful!

Advertisement