Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New from australia

Australia is lovely shazzy

I went all over and new Zealand and bali

Was only going to cornwall for 2 weeks lol

Best thing i did was get travelling out the way before i got married and kids etc

Davey, that's my one of my regrets before kids. Weldone for your foresight :) now I've got to wait til I retire when I'm 95

My traveling days were mainly in the philippines, like it so much there i lived there for a few years and married a local.

I want to go back too:love:

It wasn't foresight

I was an original raver and adrenaline junkie and went all over the world raving

Been to india

Australia

New Zealand

Bali

Thailand

And most of europe

Even been raving in the alps

Sounds cool paul, may be hard breaking into the local exterior cleaning market?

Nice davey, I travelled a bit of Europe but I was a cafe and art gallery type

Birmingham doesn't have much charm but for the availability of work and it's links to the rest of the country, always tempting to think of leaving!

All the places around the world i have been nothing was as good as canoeing down the ardeche river in the south of france for 3 days then camping on the beach on the Mediterranean sea for 2 weeks

Thailand and bali are beautiful but there is something about that place that is better

3 days white water canoeing down a massive gorge

I am a qualified canoe instructor from my youth which my son tells me is now called kayaking

All i know is you sit in it on your own and paddle down the rapids and it was called a canoe

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&site=webhp&tbm=isch&source=hp&ei=LNumVP75Lc70aNjpgtAH&q=ardeche river&oq=ardeche&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.1.2.0l5.5027.6688.0.8570.8.8.0.5.5.0.174.666.7j1.8.0.msedr...0...1c.1.60.mobile-gws-hp..0.8.333.1.N-JhLjZD7fY#facrc=_&imgrc=B9hDOyzGD0BmZM%3A;xrS45E-As9SDBM;http%3A%2F%2Fwww.experienceardeche.com%2Frte_img_large_86.jpg;http%3A%2F%2Fwww.experienceardeche.com%2F;371;235

Got almost to monaco before i gave up and camped for a while

Had some nice french local girlies visit us in our tent

I was in a place called Palawan last time i went kayaking, they rented them out at a resort we were at which was built on stilts in the sea, there was a nearby island me and my girlfriend (now wife) thought we would kayak to (didnt look far) we were on one made for two and my sister was on another on her own. When we got about half way my sister was far ahead almost at this island, but oursit wasnt going straight anymore and started going in circles, it had a hole and had been filling up. :eek:

Now its strange that in a place like the philippines most people cant swim and my mrs being a typical local cant swim either, so i jump off and tried pushing it to keep it straight, doesnt really work. We went round in a few circles and the kayak by now was very low and mrs was panicing (why didnt the resort give us life jackets?)

I pushed a bit more but we were still about half way. I waved and shoutedfor my sister who was looking back wondering what was going on, she eventually kayaked back to us and in the nick of time as the kayak was so full it couldnt suport my mrs anymore and she fell into the sea, i held her and tried to keep her calm and managed to push her onto my sisters kayak. They went off to the new island together and i dragged the kayak all the way, im a pretty good swimmer and knew it would be no trouble, i used to train in the SSS, which trains towards olympic standard.

We waited on this island for a while, my mrs had spoken to some locals and they said a boat is leaving in a while and will drop us off. :rofl: Yeah i got pizzed in the bar that night, cheeky owner still wanted me to pay for the kayak rental, no chance o_O

I had to deliberately capsize and swim the length of the Welsh harp reservoir that goes between neasden and Hendon in london and then back to my canoe as part of my instructors test

Not easy swimming that far

I had to deliberately capsize and swim the length of the Welsh harp reservoir that goes between neasden and Hendon in london and then back to my canoe as part of my instructors testNot easy swimming that far
:eek: Sounds like a charity swim

Back