Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Beginner equipment question.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Fraggle

Hi, I'm just about at the stage to buy some good equipment and start out trying to earn a bit extra cash cleaning windows. Traditional method seems to make sense as I'm only planning on taking on enough customers for a few days a month.

I was looking at the Unger ErgoTec® Premium Starter Kit on windowcleaningwarehouse however it appears to be out of stock. And it looks like I've just missed the sale as its jumped up in price the last few days.

Is there anywhere else I can get this kit, or is it a case of buying it all individually?

Thanks

Trad makes sense until you fall from a ladder!!! Don't forget you should have liability insurance in case you drop a ladder on someone's car etc. There are much safer ways of making a few ££££.

Hi, I'm just about at the stage to buy some good equipment and start out trying to earn a bit extra cash cleaning windows. Traditional method seems to make sense as I'm only planning on taking on enough customers for a few days a month.

I was looking at the Unger ErgoTec® Premium Starter Kit on windowcleaningwarehouse however it appears to be out of stock. And it looks like I've just missed the sale as its jumped up in price the last few days.

Is there anywhere else I can get this kit, or is it a case of buying it all individually?

Thanks
The Cleaning Warehouse in Willenhall, West Mids.

Thanks, had a look, it's tricky trying to figure out exactly what I need, probably better buying individual items rather than a 'starter kit'

Thanks, had a look, it's tricky trying to figure out exactly what I need, probably better buying individual items rather than a 'starter kit'
I wouldn’t waste your money on trad kit, honestly. It’s not the way forward. You’re better off saving up for a backpack, pole, brush and some 25ltr barrels. I gained 3 new customers today who originally had a trad guy but weren’t happy with the quality. All of them asked me if I clean the frames and cills because the trad guys only cleaned the glass, basically half the job. Start as you mean to go one! Look at second hand stuff, always stuff on Facebook window Cleaning pages.

I had thought traditional made most sense seen as I'm only planning on doing approx four days a month. Been looking at wfp since reading last post and can see the appeal. Downsides definitely being having to use treated water, and having to carry multiple barrels of said water around in the car.

I will say I'm now undecided... I can see advantages and disadvantages in both methods?

I had thought traditional made most sense seen as I'm only planning on doing approx four days a month. Been looking at wfp since reading last post and can see the appeal. Downsides definitely being having to use treated water, and having to carry multiple barrels of said water around in the car.

I will say I'm now undecided... I can see advantages and disadvantages in both methods?
Oh well

Once you have broken your coccyx and several fingers falling off ladders you will change to wfp like I did
Surprised I lived for 25 years trad
Been wfp for 7 now and as clumsy as I am even I can’t fall off the floor lol

Once you have broken your coccyx and several fingers falling off ladders you will change to wfp like I did
Surprised I lived for 25 years trad
Been wfp for 7 now and as clumsy as I am even I can’t fall off the floor lol
JD will always make you fall off floor you'll be clinging to the rug for dear life :ROFLMAO:

That’s what was available at the time
I’d rather laphroig
You were necking JD the other weekend
I'm on "Old Speckled Hen" gone off the broon can't seem to get any Double Max these days which I prefer over dog as it's a bit sweet testing
I love the way you guys call it dog lol
Went to geordieland on my stag as my best man is a geordie and it was an excellent weekend
Finally found people who drink like me

That’s what was available at the time
I’d rather laphroig

I love the way you guys call it dog lol
Went to geordieland on my stag as my best man is a geordie and it was an excellent weekend
Finally found people who drink like me
Laphroig :sick: tried it years ago way too much peat for me.

I ain't a geordie by the way, the place we go to the ale is up to 8.5% always a good night but a tad ruff the next day

Trad makes sense until you fall from a ladder!!! Don't forget you should have liability insurance in case you drop a ladder on someone's car etc. There are much safer ways of making a few ££££.
I agree. I once done some windows and had to climb onto the garage roof. My hose snagged on the ladders and I tugged causing them to fall off. I missed a brand new BMW by about an inch!

Latest Posts

Back