Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pure freedom trolley

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Matt Clarke

Hi guys I have a trolley for about 3 years. But just lately it seems to be getting airlocks. I've done all the usual things. Disconnect hose stick finger in hoselock connection to clear. Turn pump to full power check strainer to see if blocked. Nothing is working. HELP NEEDED any ideas what to try. I have left it running for a hour to try and clear but no good. ?

I noticed that they have a new strainer on the new trollies. Is the non return included with that on their web site it's about £4 seems a bit cheap to me. 

I did ring them but they said to do what I have already done 

Don't know how yours came set up. My current one is two years old. It came fitted with 8mm minibore hose on both sides of the pump. It also came fitted with one of these

DSCF1068.jpg

When mine started to give me problems with poor flow and airlocks this was the problem. It looked OK but was causing an obstruction to free flow. So I removed it. Problem solved. I got a much better flow rate and my airlock problems went away.

My original PF trolley (ten years old) came without a strainer. I ran with it like that for some time and then decided I would fit a strainer myself. But it did nothing but cause me problems with airlocks so I removed it. Other than that and when my new one came with a strainer I have never run with one.

Also check to see if air is getting in at the hose connection to the pump on the barrel side of the pump or if the intake hose is split anywhere. Air getting in on this side of the pump will always cause problems with airlocks or poor flow.

Another tip that may be of use if your trolley came fitted with 1/2inch hose: Remove it and fit minibore (8mm ID) both side of the pump. You will need to fit the smaller size pump connectors available from Pure Freedom. Because there is less volume inside the hose to fill with water when you get an airlock they clear much more quickly. I run every barrel dry and it never takes more than two or three seconds to clear an airlock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it's sorted I left trolley running for a hour in garage went back and the floor was wet ?? so traced water back to hose coming from barrel its was split where it is fed through the frame to stop it flapping around. 

Changed hose to hoselock garden hose for now until I get time to get a decent hose. 

Anyway works great now like new. ?? 

cheers guys for all helpful comments 

Make yourself an open ended 4 inch length of hose with a connector on one end...when you change barrels plug this in first and run for a few seconds and this will clear airlocks if you run till the barrels are dry.

Back