Beginners Bewilderment.

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by brianroberts569, Nov 3, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. brianroberts569

brianroberts569 Newcomer

I havent window cleaned for a few years then i was trad only. Since redundancy forced me back on the job market i soon came to realise there isn't a lot of work out there. So i made the decision to start up a wfp round and make a few bob that way. I now have almost everything sorted out except pole and brush. I have spent endless hours on ebay, websites and youtube researching brushes and poles. I am no closer to a decision now than i was at the start. So i am asking you lads, you are the ones that know. I will be concentrating on domestic to start. please help me with advice on a good allrounder.

Advertisement
  2. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Facelift or CLX

3. Njones

Njones Well-Known Member
    Supplier

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/sl-xtrade-telescopic-carbon-pole.html

CLX if the SLX is over budget,..

4. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

http://youtu.be/hSXW1KIiP1Y

I does what it says on the tin. It also feels good!!!

5. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

how much money do you have to spend on a pole?

6. Jeff Brimble

Jeff Brimble Member

Hi Brian, start with a backpack, connect to a B&Q harris £15 alu pole, stick a brush on and GO. Not that simple you need time and its the wrong time of the year, but hope you make it. Ladders have their uses but try to avoid going up them so you dont fall off. Save your ife go waterfed.

7. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

If your going 100% WFP your going to need more than a backpack. Go for a Van mount, I tried the backpack even though I only used it now and again. I still preferred spending an extra few quid for a van mount saves a hell of a lot of time.

In saying that depends on what budget you have mate

8. Martyn

Martyn Active Member

Gardiners SL-X 22 with a medium mixed brush, or as said above CL-X if budget tight.
    I hate to disagree with Jeff whom I respect greatly, but Harris poles are horrible, though I suppose it would be a start.

9. Posh

Posh Hero

Use 2 Harris poles and both ave seved me well & do everything I need them to do. They are very good to get you started and cheap to make

10. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

ive used a harris pole for the last 2 years and they are great, nice and light and dirt cheap!

but if you want and budget can streach to it, the Facelift poles are great poles and then there is the clx or the slx

Advertisement