Being a titt or not?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by a1d4nj, Apr 2, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. a1d4nj

a1d4nj Member

Right, one of my customers (which I've been doing for a year) had move to a nicer and bigger house in the same location. I only have 3 customers in this location I like to add.
    Anyways as I was driven through the village I seen the other local window cleaner, so naturally I would smile and put up my hand, only to get the dagger eyes at me lol some boy!
    Anyway I parked at the customers house and had a good catchup which her and could see the window cleaner coming up the street.
    His words was "I've paid a lot of money for this round, what are you doing here" i state the obvious.
    Next his says this was my house how have u got this job? So I explain she has been a customer if mine. I went on to explain that I would not be walking the street undercutting him or anyone else, but if some rings me up that's diff. His reply is "you need to say no and redirect them to me" lol
    To this point he replys again he paid for his round. I wish at the point I was a little faster in my feet and reply that I built my rounds from nothing.
    Best thing is one of his customers herd this and ask me to give him a quote when I left, which I didn't because wasn't worth the hassle.
    My question is am I in the wrong? Or is this bloke just a complete titt! Don't think next time I can hold my tongue

Advertisement
  2. Alien Human

Done nothing wrong.......AT ALL! Good luck with it all :)

3. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

Nothing at all wrong with that what a *****
    I had similar few week ago let's say it got heated to say the least
    He told me it was his patch been cleaning it 5 year look on his face when I said try 19 pal since I was 15!!!!
    Besides the point it's down to owns and lives in the house to decide who they won't clean there windows!!!!!

4. a1d4nj

a1d4nj Member

I honestly can't believe there are titts out there like this. I don't go undercutting people when I'm knocking on doors, I walk away if they currently have a windy. I advertise just like anyone else or let word of mouth do it's brilliant work.
    I understand everyone has turn earn a £ but this titt has really got under my skin!

5. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I would tell him to do one
    Would be satisfying to take a few of his custys to show him he's a plank

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. TolishAPurd

You handled yourself well fella, but the only thing you did wrong was to not give the quote to the customer that asked for it. If that guy heard him he was probably unimpressed with his behaviour and his general demeanour. You're right not to undercut as it would be even better to be able to say to him that you are charging the custy even more then he was. If he was in any doubts how much of a ***** he was then that would be a strong conformation. :D

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

"GET OFF MY PATCH" twaddle as the customer decides who they want to employe not the other way around. Even when someone buys as so say round they are only buying good will from the person they bought the list from so it don't mean bugger all.

8. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

I would now go out of my way to get as many customers as I could on "his patch".

That's just how I roll......

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

The size of you i doubt they'd argue diwr

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I sometimes get the evil eye but k take no notice and they soon realise not to bother
    I had one guy years ago try that and i just told him how it was..now he comes over and says hello when he sees me

Advertisement