Belt - on and off routine

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by boarcity, Nov 14, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. boarcity

boarcity Guest

do you take your belt off at end of each job? or do you keep it on [MAYBE ALL DAY?]when travelling to the next job ?

at the moment,we take ours O beltonandoff.jpg ff before travelling in the van, im wanting to change this as its a flippin nuisance

Advertisement
  2. cheapncheerful

yep mine is off and into my bucket in the boot.....most of the time...if its only a tiny drive i will cram it in ..not so easy in a car

when i go home i cant wait to get in and often slam the boot shut....right on the plastic buckle.....:eek:

3. abs

abs Guru

I pole everything now so mine sits in the garage along with my redundant bucket

4. Posh

Posh Hero

Off after each job

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I wear a double ettore pouch on an unger belt when doing wfp work as I like to have a few bits & bobs with me.:rolleyes:

6. abs

abs Guru

I wear 1 pouch just for a cloth to wipe sills , I dont wfp the bottom sills I always do them by hand to save water

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

If I need to any trad work then I stick on me boab

8. PTWC

PTWC Guest

#8 PTWC, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2014
    i leave it on between jobs if tradding, but take off the boab. (it has a quick release buckle thingy)
    But if the next job is WFP then i take it all off.
    I got the braces on my Unger belt as it keeps slipping down on me otherwise

9. TolishAPurd

I'll post my current setup in the belt pics thread. As for routine I have the whole rig permanently on the belt so its all or nothing. Taking just the boab off would be a PITA with the way it sits on my belt. When I take it off, I pour out the dirty water in the boab, and then I have a round builders bucket I dangle to boab and tbar into, with the pouches on the outside of the bucket. That way if the boab spills it doesn't soak the pouches making for an uncomfortable day. I then take the squeegees out of the boab (to look after the rubber) and rest them on the lid of my window cleaning bucket. And the scrim gets dangled in the back of the van on a bungee that I use for hanging up my step ladder. Sounds like a lot of faf when typed but its actually pretty quick.

10. PTWC

PTWC Guest

#10 PTWC, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2014
    Ill try and take a pic of my belt set up, when i get some daylight here!
    (of course ill post it in the tool belt picture thread)

Advertisement