Best And Quickest Way To Secure Ladders

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by essex boy, Mar 9, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. essex boy

essex boy Active Member

I am a WFP person through and through but like all Window Cleaners there are times when I have to get my ladder off of the rack.

I used to have the proper ladder clamps that span around as I wanted to look smart but presently I use the elastic bungee's and permenantly tie one end to my roof rack and quickly wrap them through the ladder as tightly as I can as it is the quickest method I can find.

My question is this - what is the quickest way or best way to secure ladders to the roofrack?

Is there a quick tie method or has someone invented a clamp?

I ask because whilst bungees are quick they occassionally spring off and damage the paintwork and are not always safe if one slips and yesterday one snapped whilst I was driving and the front end of my ladder was doing a dance on my roof!

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Elastic bungee's are the quickest way to lose ladders for sure as so may ppl have found out when they get nicked of fall off whilst driving.

Ladder clamps are a lot slower to take ladders on/off the van but for me they are the safest way of securing ladders on roof bars/racks. I also padlock the ladders to the ladder clamps when not being used.

3. essex boy

essex boy Active Member

I wasn't so worried about them being nicked but more about speed of getting them on and off. no one locks their ladder round where I live and for the past week I have left mine on my front drive (asking to be nicked) and they have just sat there. In fact I never lock my van and often take my gear out to be cleaned, go indoors and fall asleep so it sits on the drive all night.

Stupid I know.

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

What about this?

[​IMG]

The Rhino SafeClamp incorporates strength, speed and style to provide a revolutionary strong ladder clamping system. The Rhino SafeClamp employs a composite beam structure and stainless steel anchor hook to provide maximum strength, speed and corrosion resistance. The innovative one touch clamping method is five times faster than traditional screw down ladder clamps. Anti-theft security is provided by integral key locks. The Rhino Safe Clamp ensures a strong and safe solution for fastening down ladders to your roof rack or bars. SET INCLUDES 1 PAIR ONLY Roof bars NOT included. FREE U.K Mainland delivery.

http://www.mobileinstallationsolutions.co.uk/Rhino-Lockable-Safe-Clamp-Ladder-Clamps-pair-RAS21.html

5. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

6. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

I use bungees as well, I only tie them down after Ive finished for the day though. I can go down the motorway way at 60pmh and they dont come off stupid I know. When I use to work for a company we were going down the motor way way at 75pmh and still never came off that was going down hill as well. It would take a lot for them to come off

As for bungees don't buy the cheap ones you say in pound shop or pound stretchers look for premium quality ones. They last and work a million times better. None of the other window cleaners lock there ladders down about here no need to really

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I do as I carry 1k worth of ladders on the roof of my van so yes I lock then up :D

9. TobySampson

TobySampson Well-Known Member

I use bungees all the time now. Haven't had a problem since I've had a proper roof rack. I've got the spin tie down ones but the take forever. Bungees all the way

Advertisement