Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Highest Tds?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

i forgot to tell u lot my ppm sorry lol my ppm is 106ppm but on some occasions it rises to 115ppm /emoticons/smile.png

I have a ge merlin RO in the van that I just got and it has so much waste water is this normal?

I have got a 3 staged fish pond filter going in to two 4.5 di my water gos through this then in to my van tank then gos in to my di that's on the van I don't use the RO

I have a ge merlin RO in the van that I just got and it has so much waste water is this normal?

I have got a 3 staged fish pond filter going in to two 4.5 di my water gos through this then in to my van tank then gos in to my di that's on the van I don't use the RO
Hello fizzy

if you put your question up on a main thread you will get lots more answers as more people look at new threads more

Wow - thought our water was bad at 354ppm, but thats nothing on Northampton!

With DI only, a £75 bag of resin (25 litres) only lasted 20-23 days, so I needed to sort an RO system fast. Impossible in my first floor flat, so I finally rigged one at my Mums down the road with a used 1000 litre IBC water tank & 350GPD RO system. Good move. Not only much easier than refilling the DI vessel, but also found my Mums water registered 201 on TDS a good 150 ppm less than mine, barely half a mile away!

I wouldn't consider DI only with any TDS over 150 now, as your profit is less.

Not packing resin too tight and giving the vessel a violent shake when the reading creeps up is a good way of getting more life out of it; because the water takes the same (easiest) path through the vessel, exhausting one area over other parts. Doing that would get me one or two more tanks out of it before changing resin.

Back