Best backpack

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by mark2788, Jul 30, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. mark2788

mark2788 Active Member

I'm trad but wondered about a backpack for bigger houses and commercial, what is the best backpack and what kind of price? Seen one for £200 ish, and what things do you need to make it pure water etc? Complete beginner so know nothing about wfp

Advertisement
  2. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

the gardners one ive hurd is good
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

4. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Go to the DIY section and have a good look through it, make your own, honestly it is incredibly easy and 10 times cheaper than a commercial one, some really good guides in that section.

5. mark2788

mark2788 Active Member

Thanks for the advice :)

6. simon

simon Guru

i used an extend to wash one for years & they are good but gardiners are better, i have 3 now

7. Poles Apart

Had the Mk1 and 2 Gardiners ones which aren't Gardiners at all they are actually Chinese Kobolt ones Gardiners just put their name to them, had nothing but trouble with them even had lose wires on delivery then pumps played up I've got the Mk3 version now let's see how things go? But for quality this is the best, not worth D.I.Ying one their dirt cheap any way. sflow.jpg

8. Danfire

Danfire Well-Known Member

#8 Danfire, Aug 1, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
    I got one of these almost two years ago...it does not have the quality feel of typically manufactured European products but so far it hasn't let me down...It doesn't get massive usage, I only use it when I can't reach from ladders...battery life is incredible, apart from the initial charge I've only recharged it once, must be due another charge soon...the service from the company was good, I didn't have a clue what I needed to get me going, they talked me through the order and for less than £250 I had everything I needed to get WFP (apart from the water).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Get a koboi pump box for 65 quid stick it on a sack barrow and put a 25l drum on top..job done
    Cheap pole off ebay and your all set up except for water
    That way you can carry more water than a backpack and you wouldn't use one as a backpack if you like your spine so would need to stick it on a trolley anyway

10. Poles Apart

A few issues with that response if you don't mind me saying? 1. He would have to pick up the sack truck up and the back pack if he had to walk through someones house, it's also convenient sometimes when going to a single job to whip out the backpack without the trolley if there's little walking? 2. The difference between a 25 litre drum and a full bigger backpack is a punitive 2.25 litres, and 3. A pump box is 65 quid plus you have to buy a sack truck, I've got a couple of Ikea ones for back up but no good on gravel drives so payed £30 quid for one which collapses and has good wheels so that would take him up to £95 quid plus he's gotta assemble it. I have a Kobold V3 the jury is still out on it as the first 2 were cr@p but if it's reliable it has higher battery capacity and a more powerful pump so if it's any good at 102 quid you have effectively got a trolley system with the truck that's also portable, it's a no brainer! If anyone want's to make a killing and buy them in bulk they're about £20-£30 each on Chink websites.

Advertisement