Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best brush for cony roofs?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gavin

Staff member
Admin
Just wondering what brush you guys recommend on cony roofs. Also how do you charge for cony roofs? by panel or meter etc? ;)

It really depends,I try to do it on time average roof will take me hour maybe hour and half (4mX4m),as for brush I just use an old brush usually a monofilament with a blob of detergent on the brush then work that in and then put the water on and scrub it starts to dilute the detergent and rinse away then I swap the brush over for a clean one and rinse any residue off and give it a wash just the glass,Cif bathroom cleaner works well on pvc thats got moss or a bit green and Swarfarga patio furniture liquid from B&Q is good and self rinsing.

Sounds good the one i have to do next week is not to bad at all really has a couple of small patches of slight green but that is about it so my old stiff vikan sills brush would probably do it ok then?

Boar’s hair brush is your only choice for self cleaning glass; artificial monofilaments and any necessary chemicals/detergents for polycarbonate roofs will be fine.

You can charge by the panel for the customer’s information, and by the amount of time it takes for yourself.

Richard

I spray tfr ( traffic film removel) with a pump up spayer i leave it 10 minutes it falls of after that if it a poly roof you can rinse of with tap water if glass you will need pure i use a gardiners xtreme brush for all fascia guttering and con roofs get in all those little areas

I just use an old Vikan head brush, toughish bristles which is handy and very sturdy. I don't know about charging I just look at it and a price always seems to hit me.

James.

Latest Posts

Back